New video on YouTube

I have started a YouTube channel :blush::yarn: Feminist vest, chrochet with me - YouTube
Have a look if you want :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I have posted the process of my latest two patterns, one is in testing. It’s not the best quality but I feel like it’s a bit wasteful for me to get a new phone. How often do u guys buy new phone or what else kind equipment would you recommend a newbie on YouTube?:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::yarn:

8 Likes

Ooo good luck with your YouTube channel! Equipment I’m not sure, but maybe a phone stand so it can have a top view and a spotlight are things I see other channels have, having a table (or table cover) that makes it easier to see the yarn this isn’t really equipment but choosing a yarn color that you can see the stitches with and on a table/table cover, and if you’re going to be sitting a good chair and support if needed for good posture :hugs:

At the moment I can’t think of anything else, but once again good luck with your channel! :smile::yarn:

3 Likes

I don’t think you need the newest phone or equipment to make videos. As long as the lighting is bright - you can use little selfie lights that clip onto your phone! They are pretty cheap and have done really good reviews​:woman_shrugging:t3:

I’m going time take a look at your channel now!

2 Likes

Lighting will be your main key. As long as it is lit really well it should be pretty viewer friendly. I don’t know if anyone else has said that, but that is the biggest thing with video is lighting. I’ll check out your channel!

2 Likes

Not just lighting, contrasting yarn if you plan on doing tutorials. That way people can see the stitches, make sure your voice is in the foreground not the music, and zoom in to what you’re working on in such a way that a person can readily see what you are doing.
YouTube is a good choice, only platform I know that has closed captioning on videos. Lots of people use the captions, not just the deaf.

2 Likes