Newbie here and loving it so far!

Hi y’all!
I’m April from High On Crochet. I have a new business since January, but I’m not new to crochet. 30+years experience. I live in CA and make pillows, ottomans, poufs, and plushies. I really wish there was a crochet club where I live… it was my haven when I lived in VA. (Crocheters are a dime a dozen over there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sadly, nothing here… nice to meet everyone and look forward to learning more about Ribblr!

18 Likes

Hey glad you poked up your head to say hello!

9 Likes

Welcome!
Same here in my neck of the woods.
There’s a new coffee shop in town. Tge owner offered a craft meet a few times, people were interested, but besides my one and only yarny friend here, nobody ever showed up :joy::woman_facepalming:t2:
The next one is 50 miles and I just don’t want to drive around these days. People here are getting more insane on the roads every week.

5 Likes

@anoswaldoddity Thanks! I feel the love already. :joy:

4 Likes

@CraftsbyNicB I know exactly how you feel. I have half a mind to start my own but I don’t know where I would even begin. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

5 Likes

Maybe open up your own group on FB.
Make it open gor public at first.

Ask in the local sales groups with a link to your group.

Maybe put up a note in the library or coffee shop if you have one for a meetup once a month. Even if nobody shows up, maybe someone will.

I started our gardening group that way :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome so glad to see you here :grin:

6 Likes

Welcome! Same where I live, zip, zero, nada. That is why places like this are so valuable for crocheters to connect if they need so. Here we “seasoned” crocheters can help the next group of crocheters, by example and teaching how wonderful our craft is. :yarn:

6 Likes

@CraftsbyNicB those are great ideas! I’ll let you know if it works! :grin: Thanks so much! :hugs:

5 Likes

@anon51435716 I agree wholeheartedly! It’d be nice to teach more people our craft over here. :grin:

5 Likes

I hope it does!

4 Likes