Non crochet related - A kitty to brighten your day

Hi hi! I wanted to share this photo with someone cause I got my cat this terrifying duck bed and he finally slept in it today :sob: I hope it makes you smile!

27 Likes

I donā€™t know how to create a poll but i betcha most of us prefer cats as pets.

5 Likes

That is super cute! and funny :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

aww thatā€™s adorable

6 Likes

I believe @ribbot can help you with that! Thereā€™s a guided tutorial the bot can run through with you to teach you a bunch of the features!

6 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @ribbot display help.

8 Likes

Aha! Cats are amazing crochet buddies I feel! My cat (the one in the duck bed) Riddick canā€™t help but unravel rogue balls of yarn when he sees them :joy:

5 Likes
  • Cats
  • Dogs
  • Other

0 voters

@anoswaldoddity Hey here is the poll!

7 Likes

You never disappoint! :ok_hand:

8 Likes

@KAIII
Thank you!!

5 Likes

I have cats now and theyā€™re adorable. I love all kinds of animals. I voted ā€œotherā€ because my favorite was a wild caught Amazon Parrot who chose me as his mate. We had 10 yrs together and I still miss him so much. He was like having a permanent 3 yr old but so worth it.

5 Likes

yes always

4 Likes

love cats, but canā€™t have them, :frowning: Iā€™m allergic, that was why I chose ferrets, they are like kittens that never grow up. ;). Not allergic to them, they donā€™t carry the protein in their saliva and skin that Iā€™m allergic too. Love dogs to, but they arenā€™t permitted at my apt.

6 Likes

Ferrets are so much fun!

Iā€™ve had cats, dogs, birds, fish, turtles, ferrets, rats, rabbits, chinchillas, hamsters, Guinea pigs, snakes, tarantulas, geckos, bearded dragons, chickens, ducks, gators and a raccoon as pets.

I majored in animal science in high school. Always wanted to be a wildlife veterinarian but life got in the way.

5 Likes

That would have been fun! I call ferrets pure joy in a fur coat. I finally quit having them as pets after over 20 years because It was too hard to deal with their losses.

6 Likes

It was interesting. The looks I got at my kids pediatricianā€™s office when they asked about pets was hilarious. Apparently, 3 dogs, (roughly) 14 cats, 6 chickens, 2 ferrets and a bunny wasnā€™t normal. Lol

We lived on a 772 acre farm at the time. One house cat, the rest (approximately 13) were feral. I got a 40 pound bag of cat food every week, ripped a strip down the center of it and placed it up high on a shelf in the packing shed. During the day, I gave them canned food. (Itā€™s safe to assume that I was feeding the raccoons and opossums too with that dry food since it was out in the open.)

One of the dogs wasnā€™t ours. I was dog sitting for a friend of my Stepdadā€™s for about 6 months.

The ferrets were Hercules and Xena. Adorable little bundles of inquisitive fur.

Yeah, the hardest part is saying goodbye. :frowning:

6 Likes

I always tell people that ferrets make cats look uncurious :rofl::rofl:. They are expensive little critters to own. I had a ferret shelter for about 5 years and quit taking them in when I hit 22 ferrets. Most were pets people didnā€™t want after they realized how much time and money were required to keep them :(. Some I took in with medical conditions or temperament issues, but all were wonderful.

6 Likes

Our first ferret ā€¦ Frankie (my exā€™s brother-in-lawā€™s ferret that we inherited when he moved out) turned out to be female and a biter. She only bit me and not my ex but he did hit her pretty hard for biting him once and she never did it again. I tried everything to get her to stop biting me (not hitting), nothing worked. I was standing there doing dishes, heā€™d let her out and sheā€™d run right over to me and bite my feet. I finally had to tell him that she had to go. She went to a woman who had several and was ok with her being a biter.

6 Likes

Love this kitty cubby. Very creative. :heart:

7 Likes

Most of the bitters I had were either deaf or had not been nip trained. What color was Frankie?

4 Likes