Ok pet peeve

True but still it would be nice to add instructions on which rows, like I donā€™t mind making felt eyes, but using glue and safety eyes very confuses me though (like their purpose/how theyā€™re made is to clip them with the backings, so why glue? :thinking:)

8 Likes

I agree when I was a beginner amigurumi person or whatever you call it I used safety eyes just because it was easier but know I glue my eyes so I can see what the head looks like and where I would like the eyes put in and also I like my eyes kinda bulging but most people use safety eyes with backings so I think pattern writers should put safety eye instructions.

7 Likes

See Iā€™m in the complete opposite boat! Instructions on where to place things frustrate me because I just canā€™t read rows!

When I follow a pattern or design my own pattern I always wing where everything goes because telling me it goes on row 10 is the same as not telling me at all, and Iā€™ve been crocheting for 4 years now so I donā€™t think Iā€™ll figure it out anytime soon :joy:

13 Likes

Same

5 Likes

So the first amigurumi I ever made with a beginner pattern said ā€œsew this to thatā€ and maybe included the round to sew toā€¦but I had literally no idea so I used matching thread to sew the different parts.

Later I realizedā€¦uhā€¦duhā€¦use the yarn

It was only recently - MONTHS of guessing how to sew pieces together (yes, with yarn), that I tried a pattern that happened to show you HOW to sew the pieces together and even had videos. Closed piece to open piece, flat piece to round piece, etc. Huge game changer!

And that designer is Anat Tzach. So go support them and learn how to actually sew amigurumi pieces together. (I did the lamb pattern)

10 Likes

Thanks for pointing to a designer that does do this! I appreciate it.
Thank U GIF by Sing Movie

7 Likes

Of course! It makes the sewing part something that I donā€™t dread (as much, ha) anymore!

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, I looked up Anat Tzach and not only did I get a few very cute free patterns from their website, but I also found a few tutorial videos that I bookmarked for future assistance haha, Thank you so much for sharing! :grin: :love_letter:

6 Likes

Yay! So glad. Iā€™ve only done the sheep / lamb, but itā€™s my favorite.

10 Likes

Oh, that looks fabulous!

7 Likes

Thank you so much!

7 Likes

My annoyance is with the designers that say ā€œif you need help, message meā€ then either get grumpy when you ask for help, or flat out ignore you. My first project on here was a top. I couldnā€™t get it to make sense no matter how i tried and i messaged the designer more than once, about a week apart. Itā€™s been over a year since that first message and no answer.
I winged it and called it good enough.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same experience twice with 2 different designers. So I just committed to only buying from those who have an active presence either on Ribblr or their social media.
@MeganGosiak

9 Likes

Thankfully it was free. But yea, totally sucked.

5 Likes

ok @anoswaldoddity srry i didnt tell where to place the spikes on the spike thingy but thry go bettween rnds7-9

3 Likes

When I joined, I had already done a ton of research and made the decision that unless something happens, I will be exclusively on ribblr and will dive in the deep end and be a part of all of it or leave.

8 Likes

Thanks! I got to go check out those videos!

2 Likes

Noted I just updated my pattern lol : :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I donā€™t see any patterns in your shop @eunoianuageco

3 Likes

Itā€™s going through testing rn so this helped a lot thanks!

2 Likes