One sleeve is done

9 Likes

What is it you’re making?:blush:

3 Likes

@Wendywo745 I believe the pattern that @anon51435716 is making is called the Harvest Angel from a more recent post of @anon51435716 :relaxed:

3 Likes

Oooh, ok. Thank you. I think I did see that post.

3 Likes

Autumn Harvest Angel, Annies Attic 1998. An original by Annie. I pulled out the pamphlet. I hope this answers your question,

3 Likes

thats old

4 Likes

no my dear it is Vintage. What is old is new again for a whole new generation, embrace the individuality of it, work your path, be different create more. It’s all good.

5 Likes

maybe I will try using my vintage pattern books soon.

5 Likes

i have one fron 1985

4 Likes

I would encourage you to try them. Keep in mind sometimes the patterns are written a little different, or could be interpreted different than now, not always…there are people to help you here with that. There are beautiful pieces in the vintage pamphlets which you will receive joy from making. Crochet never gets boring, you keep learning and learning. I have a doily I made in 1976, my first one ever. I made it for my mom. She is gone now, but I still have the doily and the rememberance of making it for her. It was a new pattern then, and now it is a vintage pattern, but it is still lovely and unique. I encourage you to try.
Vintage heart doily

4 Likes

I knitted a cuddle-moc slipper from a vintage pattern book, bernat book no.218:on your toes!

5 Likes

I like your perspective here! :grinning: @anon51435716

5 Likes

Wow, that’s so beautiful!! I’m so sorry for your loss, losing someone, especially a super close family member like your mom is super hard.
On a different note, I was given giant bags full of older crocheted doilies and other things, mostly made of lace. I would love to try to figure out the patterns but was wondering if anyone would be interested in that? Definitely very vintage. Lots and lots of detail in them as well. :relaxed:

5 Likes

yes there is quite a bit of detail in these vintage pieces, or at least it seems so, because the stitches are so small. But they are lovely. What will you do with your treasures of vintage beauties? Do Tell!

4 Likes

@anon51435716 I honestly don’t know yet!! What do you think I should do? :smiley:

4 Likes

@anon51435716, I’ve started a vintage afghan, (do you have"leisure arts,afghan book 2?) bulky popcorn. since you encouraged me to try vintage patterns, I decided to make it.

4 Likes

You go girl! Give it a whirl., I do not have the pamphlets/books you are asking about, did you look on Etsy or Ebay to see? The few I do have I got from there.

3 Likes

I have seen some lovely things done online with these old beauties. Lamp shades, collages, tableclothes, give a look see what you can find. I can’t recall where I saw these things as it was a while back just browsing around. If I find anything I’ll let you know.

3 Likes

image found this for example by just typing in things you can do with many doilies. There are some beautiful items.

4 Likes

no, my mom got them from someone and gave them to me.

3 Likes