Oops...

Now what? :slight_smile:

Update: I went out today and bought another one and Iā€™m so happy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Now i have 2 hooks that look exactly the same :joy:

10 Likes

Waitā€¦ what? Iā€™m so confused lol
Did your grippy crochet hook come out the bottom end? :open_mouth:

9 Likes

it started being slippy and i got this habit of pushing it back
I pushed too hard and it pooped (am I allowed to say this lol?) the bottom of my crochet hook :joy:

9 Likes

Omg can you phone a friend :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Lol :laughing: I would try to try to push it up so the metal doesnā€™t show, and maybe tape it or hot glue it down :relaxed:

9 Likes

the only person i know who used to crochet is my mother in law and she gave me everything related to this if you mean somebody to borrow me one :pleading_face:
i need more friends xD

8 Likes

@NoKittenAroundStudio, the grippy crochet hook DID come out the bottom end. I have no idea how lolā€‹:joy:

7 Likes

i asked my bf about the hot glue gun (he has a chemistry diploma or sth) and he said itā€™s rubber (i think is called in English, that material that tires have) and it will just end up with a hole and/or catch on fire :frowning:
also the scotch I tried and itā€™s waaay too annoying
I have another 3mm hook but itā€™s made of plastic and itā€™s bigger so it measures like a 3.5 metal hook instead :slight_smile:

6 Likes

for a hot second i though that was a blade coming out of a finger-

7 Likes

Can you pull it out and use without the rubber?

7 Likes

:eyes: no pls

5 Likes

Omg youā€™re a genius
So simple and yet Iā€™m too tired to think :joy: Thatā€™s what crocheti g at 3am does to you :joy:
Thank you! :purple_heart:

5 Likes

You can buy replacements for those that will fit most hooks, they also sell a product you can dip metal tools into to make a soft grip handle

6 Likes

uu fair
but i have to order them because i donā€™t think they sell these in our local shops with crocheting stuff :frowning:

5 Likes

Not knowing where you areā€¦ The most basic and common brands here is Susan Bates and Boye. They can be purchased almost anywhere here and on Amazon or custom made ones on etsy

6 Likes

Iā€™m outside the US or America, Iā€™m in Romania, Europe (i tend to mention this because not many people have heard of this country even though itā€™s kinda big lol) and honestly, I have no idea what I have xD
I bought it separately and it didnā€™t say(or I didnā€™t see) the name on her package

5 Likes

how have people not heard of Romania?! lol
not knowing your merchant preferences, replacement soft handles that will slip onto your hook do exist, you can also check out a hardware store to see if they have the slip-on replacements for tool handles that will fitā€¦ at worse, they also have the slip on soft grips that are made for pencils. You shouldnā€™t have to replace the hook.

5 Likes

now Iā€™m asking myself the same question lolā€‹:joy:

5 Likes

honestly idk, whenever I talked with people from other countries (or usually the USA) theyā€™re like ā€œRoMaNiA iS a CoUnTrY??ā€ or stuff like that :joy:
I didnā€™t know what a hardware store is so I looked it up lol
Apparently, we have 5 in the capital
The problem is that if I go there I might run out of money :joy:

6 Likes

You might be able to get some clay that air dries in a toy store?
YouTube might have some tutorials on how to make a clay hook handle.

4 Likes