Opening a new tab on a mobile browser

When I want to open a pattern in a new tab by holding on the title of the pattern nothing happens. Iā€™m not able to open a new tab to look through pattern options.
This feature works here in the community space, I can open any topic in a new tab but for some reason this doesnā€™t work on patterns.
Is this just a glitch Iā€™m getting or is this just how the site works?
Thanks in advance for any advice

4 Likes

I think it works in this way. I cannot open two of my patterns from the same tab (when I write my patterns I copy some informations), but I have to open two tabs with Ribblr and go trough the same process.

4 Likes

Ah ok, thanks for confirming.
I like to go through wish list, open patterns Iā€™m considering making and jump between tabs to choose but its a bit of a faff to open a tab go to wishlist, open a pattern, open a new tab and repeat.

5 Likes

FAFF!
I love that word,

faff (plural faffs) (Britain, slang) An overcomplicated task, especially one perceived as a waste of time

5 Likes

Iā€™m so ignorant to what is and isnā€™t a colloquialism. Glad you enjoy :blush:

3 Likes

A simple shortcut is to hold the command or control button then click what you tab to open. On a computer thatā€™ll open a tab for you.

4 Likes

The reason this happens is because Ribblr disabled right click to avoid art theft.

3 Likes

This works on my phone everywhere, including the community tab here but not for patterns. It seems Iā€™m not alone in this. Maybe a mobile UI issue

3 Likes

How does stopping opening the same page in a new tab stop art theft?

3 Likes

You wonā€™t be able to do this on a phone as thereā€™s no control/command in the keyboard, only via a computer.

4 Likes

Is there a reason I can open new tabs on the community part but not the patterns part?

3 Likes

yes, itā€™s because the right-click function has been disabled as part of the many measurements and tools to protect designers.

Most people use either the app or a computer so they donā€™t run into this, though I understand your position and that it makes it more tedious for your workflow. Iā€™ll feed that info and reach out if thereā€™s a workaround!

5 Likes

What does his protect and how is it only a problem in mobile phones? Iā€™m curious how opening the item in a different tab is any different from opening in the current tab?

Thank you. I wish I had a computer or the ability to get apps :confused:

3 Likes

Because on a computer you can hold control then click with your mouse so thatā€™s one workaround. The app is very light if thatā€™s an issue! Though you canā€™t open multiple tabs in apps either, itā€™s just the way it works unfortunately.
Iā€™ll definitely reach back if thereā€™s a way to accommodate your workflow :blush:

5 Likes

I appreciate that but how does using control to open a new tab instead of opening a new tab via right click protect designers? Sorry I keep asking, Iā€™d just like to understand this one better.
Thanks again :blush:

3 Likes

Our tech team would likely be better to address this, though I assume they wonā€™t be able to share too much about the security measures.

Personally I donā€™t think the way you open a tab makes a big difference protection wise, itā€™s only that platform-wide protection eliminates right-click (which is how you open a new tab on mobile) amongst other things it tracks & disables. Hence why I suggested the workaround, though only for a computer. Hope that makes a bit more sense!

5 Likes

Thanks for explaining. If its platform wide do you know why I can do in the community tab?

Again, thanks for your time and help with this :blush:

4 Likes