Opening a new tab on a mobile browser

When I want to open a pattern in a new tab by holding on the title of the pattern nothing happens. I’m not able to open a new tab to look through pattern options.
This feature works here in the community space, I can open any topic in a new tab but for some reason this doesn’t work on patterns.
Is this just a glitch I’m getting or is this just how the site works?
Thanks in advance for any advice

4 Likes

I think it works in this way. I cannot open two of my patterns from the same tab (when I write my patterns I copy some informations), but I have to open two tabs with Ribblr and go trough the same process.

4 Likes

Ah ok, thanks for confirming.
I like to go through wish list, open patterns I’m considering making and jump between tabs to choose but its a bit of a faff to open a tab go to wishlist, open a pattern, open a new tab and repeat.

5 Likes

FAFF!
I love that word,

faff (plural faffs) (Britain, slang) An overcomplicated task, especially one perceived as a waste of time

5 Likes

I’m so ignorant to what is and isn’t a colloquialism. Glad you enjoy :blush:

3 Likes

A simple shortcut is to hold the command or control button then click what you tab to open. On a computer that’ll open a tab for you.

4 Likes

The reason this happens is because Ribblr disabled right click to avoid art theft.

3 Likes

This works on my phone everywhere, including the community tab here but not for patterns. It seems I’m not alone in this. Maybe a mobile UI issue

3 Likes

How does stopping opening the same page in a new tab stop art theft?

3 Likes

You won’t be able to do this on a phone as there’s no control/command in the keyboard, only via a computer.

4 Likes

Is there a reason I can open new tabs on the community part but not the patterns part?

3 Likes

yes, it’s because the right-click function has been disabled as part of the many measurements and tools to protect designers.

Most people use either the app or a computer so they don’t run into this, though I understand your position and that it makes it more tedious for your workflow. I’ll feed that info and reach out if there’s a workaround!

5 Likes

What does his protect and how is it only a problem in mobile phones? I’m curious how opening the item in a different tab is any different from opening in the current tab?

Thank you. I wish I had a computer or the ability to get apps :confused:

3 Likes

Because on a computer you can hold control then click with your mouse so that’s one workaround. The app is very light if that’s an issue! Though you can’t open multiple tabs in apps either, it’s just the way it works unfortunately.
I’ll definitely reach back if there’s a way to accommodate your workflow :blush:

5 Likes

I appreciate that but how does using control to open a new tab instead of opening a new tab via right click protect designers? Sorry I keep asking, I’d just like to understand this one better.
Thanks again :blush:

3 Likes

Our tech team would likely be better to address this, though I assume they won’t be able to share too much about the security measures.

Personally I don’t think the way you open a tab makes a big difference protection wise, it’s only that platform-wide protection eliminates right-click (which is how you open a new tab on mobile) amongst other things it tracks & disables. Hence why I suggested the workaround, though only for a computer. Hope that makes a bit more sense!

5 Likes

Thanks for explaining. If its platform wide do you know why I can do in the community tab?

Again, thanks for your time and help with this :blush:

4 Likes