Pattern incoming

So, a couple days ago my littlest got a very special toy from the thrift store (op shop/charity shop) and I noticed that it was missing something…
So since I’m very extra, especially when my interests and my kids interest merge, I took the time to figure out how to make this cute little mini blanket :eyes:
I checked for existing patterns and came up empty handed :pensive:
But
I think I nailed it :sunglasses:

21 Likes

Oo it looks amazing!

4 Likes

The blanket is beautiful but the photos of that plush might give me nightmares…

5 Likes

Aaah i love that! Bit of my childhood right there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Love the blanket
george lucas nostalgia GIF

7 Likes

That’s so cute! I’m looking forward to this blanket. Making my gma a lovey my gpa requested for her and been looking for a good blanket to add!

Is this going to be a free pattern or a paid one?

4 Likes

That looks amazing.

3 Likes

Probably free. It took almost no effort to figure out… I’m in a tight spot though so I’ll probably put in a tip link or smth.

4 Likes

I understand

3 Likes

He’s a bit off looking, that’s for sure! Luckily he doesn’t look that creepy all the time… it’s just when he’s still.
I’m curious as to why the plush company picked a thick deep pile plush fabric for an apatosaurus though :rofl:

3 Likes

:smiley:
Who knows but it is interesting to learn and understand what they want to see if we can make it.

3 Likes

How nice! Love how the mini blanket came out :smile:

3 Likes

Lol

3 Likes

Looks great well done :+1:

3 Likes

To make it more appealing to hug and snuggle. XD It’s a kid’s toy first, ya silly.

3 Likes

Aww Littlefoot! Very cute, my daughter watched that movie so many times in her obsessed with dinosaurs phase.

4 Likes

I’m still obsessed with dinosaurs, BECAUSE of that movie series, and i’ve watched most of them. ^-^

I really do love the tree star motif. Maybe you could release it free for a day or two then paid? Or sell the final product if you make more? I bet it’d go for a really nice price.

4 Likes

Oh that’s a good idea… do a limited free release :thinking:
I definitely do want to sell the blankets though, I just need to find a pretty yarn for the (optional) water part
Glad to know there’s a market for it :smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s exactly what my spouse said. He also expressed regret that he wasn’t able to have it as a kid :sweat_smile:
I did let him know that he’s welcome to snuggle with Littlefoot whenever Smol wasn’t doing the same :rofl:

2 Likes

For the water part, you could handle it ami-style, make it like a stuffed central bubble that bows out the bottom of the leaf, maybe? Then it’s a pillow-blanket!

I’ve seen something similar done by crocheting two pieces and just crochet it to the inside loops of the blanket a little further out than you think you’ll need

4 Likes