Pattern prices

So just a silly question. When looking through patterns, are all patterns listed in USD or do people list in their local currency? And does if people list in their local currency, does it auto covert to mine when I’m looking at it?

If not why do people list at odd prices, like 4.38 is it just a random number? My guess was it’s caused by currency conversion but I’m not sure.

8 Likes

It does translate for us. But, your question? My thoughts … Maybe both. For me it’s either random, or not so much. For example, I made a dishcloth for my MIL for sale for $1.20 because she died on January 20th. I have other little things like that. Just because.

9 Likes

When I put a price it shows in $, I`m not used to $ more to € but I did not find where to change it. And there is the VAT thing, which I don’t know how it is solved here, but it is calculated above the price in other online stores. So, I fix a 3.5 $ price for an item and when I search for it as a customer the price is 4.17 $.

5 Likes

I don’t know if this helps at all or makes any sense to your thoughts and questions. But if you click on the purple ribblr, and scroll all the way down, there’s this info. My understanding is that everything converts to what you have it set up to.

8 Likes

@Wendywo745 is right :blush:

Ribblr supports 5 currencies so you can choose which currency to have on your shop (to price patterns and get paid) and which currency to view across the platform.
By default it is set to your country’s currency unless it is not supported in which case it’ll be $USD.

9 Likes

Mine have similar pricing like that. I usually price them at reason behind the item

5 Likes

Yes!!!
@Wendywo745

She showed us HOW!!!
Confused Tell Me How GIF

5 Likes

Ah ha that all makes much more sense :heart:

7 Likes