Pattern Test Queries

Hi! Could someone enlighten me what to expect if your applying to be a pattern tester? I was wondering about it for the longest time since I am very interested to pattern test various work, yet easily discourage myself since I do not have any idea about pattern testing. If you could share some of your tips and advices, I will gladly appreciate it. Thank you so very much. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi!
The pattern designer will send you the pattern, and they will probably expect you to make the pattern following the pattern they sent you. You’ll look for possible typos, and if there’s any suggestion(s) for the pattern you have you should contact them in a private message :blush: Some designers will make a private message for the test and others won’t, it also depends on how long or quick the pattern is.
Hope this helps!
:orange_heart:Nicole

7 Likes

If you would like to test a small pattern for me you can. That way you can test the testing. :thinking: I have some crochet boot cuffs I’m still waiting for results on. Let me know and I will add you.
bootcuffsx2

2 Likes

Nicole hit the nail on the head.
You also will probably have some sort of deadline to finish it and send pictures by. They usually give you a reasonable deadline though, but be upfront if you don’t think you’re able to meet it.
You should do it!
Pattern testing is so fun!
I will be looking for testers soon, so let me know if you’d be interested in something to get your feet wet. :slight_smile:
Happy Testing,
Sarah

2 Likes

Hi! That’s so sweet of you, I would gladly accept you offer. I was kind of busy these past few days due my exams, yet I am looking forward to gain experience. Thank you so much and God Bless. :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the information! :blush:

2 Likes