pattern tests on instagram

heyy!! you might have seen me before when i released my first ever pattern test on here and i have recently written two more patterns but wanted to try it on instagram instead. My account is quite new but i have mutualed with quite a few crocheters. how long does it normally take for a small crocheter to get applications? should i just stick to ribblr since ive had a better experience here? i apologise if im not supposed to be posting about external stuff here…

8 Likes

If you hold a tester call on instagram , it can only be mentioned there. Like you cant hold a call here and say apply on Instagram. Just a tip. And in my experience holding tester calls on Instagram with a low following wasnt as successful to me as I would have liked. But you could try it! No hurt in that. I just like doing my tester calls here and if i want to, i will post on Instagram too just to see :slight_smile:

8 Likes

i see, i think i will post on both and wait a little while longer in the future :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have seen people post tester calls on here and ribblr mentioning that they are also posting a tester call on insta if anyone doesnt get approved and wants to test. I thought I’d let you know :wink:

3 Likes

Build your following on Instgram . My first test call flopped last year I am working on some stuff so I’ll hold two when I start up or on here and there. I also made a secret group for my testers not sure if that’s a business profile only option or not. Def build your following though it helps

3 Likes

Many crochet people on Instagram are following #. So you should definitely use lots of them especially things like testercall, testers needed etc so it’ll appear on the feed of non followers. And if you make “follow my account” one of the points needs to apply, you’ll have more followers each time, as well as when you make it a requirement for applicants to post it to your story. That definitely helps with getting reach

3 Likes

I’m posting on my ig and here. But I have only like 250 followers so if I get one tester and it’s a friend it’s good :joy: so I’m posting here and just saying that at the end I’ll use some photos on my promotion post on ig with releasing patterns. I keep trying to build my ig account but I’m really bad about it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Depending on the item, i post simultaneously to both here and instagram. Then that way to get the best of both worlds.

If using instagram, use hashtags that relate to pattern testing.

I have 2.6k followers on IG and sometimes i dont get as many testers as i need for an item. It just depends on the item being tested and ghe algorithm

2 Likes

I agree. If I want to test, I will go to where I prefer to test. If I want to use the Ribblr platform, I come here. Instagram, Etsy, etc, I go there. But, if I see something posted on Ribblr, I don’t want to leave Ribblr & search another site to apply to test. Very inconvenient and time consuming. That time would be better used crocheting, lol.

3 Likes