pattern trading ig?

hi! so anyone interested in pattern trades? or if i wanted to buy like a pattern for example for 5 dollars im not allowed, so can someone buy it for me and gift it to me and i can give them the patterns they want from my shop that equal the same amount? anyone?

10 Likes

I would but i cant buy anything :confused:

5 Likes

I would verify with @Ribblr but I don’t think that is allowed. I believe I read a thread here recently where Ribblr said no to this

5 Likes

oh ok if ribblr says no ill take it down

4 Likes

I found their response within one of my posts in a thread asking about pattern trading

4 Likes

Ah thats unfortunate

4 Likes

Other than designers gifting one of their own designs (irreversible as the response I copied notes) not sure if a member can gift to another member. @Ribblr would have to confirm if this is even possible.

If I were a designer I would be concerned about being deprived of income if my design was transferred all over the place

6 Likes

Im pretty sure you can buy patterns for other people, cause you stull give the designer money, and it just goes to someone else

6 Likes

wait but like @SweetTomato said, there is a gift button next to the ‘buy it’ button so you gift it to someone else. the money still goes to them though
ribblr is just saying its irreversable because its not ur pattern

4 Likes

Ya exactly

3 Likes

You can buy patterns as a gift, and as a designer you may gift your own patterns to whoever you please :slight_smile:

Happy holidays!

11 Likes

Thank you ribblr! So this is allowed?

3 Likes

Yes, should you want to provide a gift of your own pattern in return for someone else’s pattern (another designer) or someone else gifting you a pattern. We don’t facilitate that as a feature so you would need to make that arrangement between you two

5 Likes

ok thanks!

1 Like

yeah same

2 Likes

update: i got the eeepy cat, but i still have more in my wishlist so you can still trade!

3 Likes

Ribblr is saying that once you gift a pattern you can’t undo it

2 Likes