Patterns wanted?

Editing this thread to add why I started it. I encourage people to use this platform, but they say they need to look elsewhere because they want other patterns. I think if we know what people are looking for, and can add options here, it would help the platform grow. So, let us know if you are looking for a pattern that isn’t here yet, or if you hear of something from others. Thanks.

I think this would be a good spot for people to request a pattern type wanted. For example, a baseball hat, or bunny. Then, creators would know what pattern to create next. Maybe this will be a hit and @ribblr could incorporate it into the platform. Thoughts?

24 Likes

I like this idea!

4 Likes

I love this idea! :blush:

4 Likes

I just think it would be awesome to see 10 different versions of an airplane, for example. Could be fun.

6 Likes

This is a good idea!

6 Likes

Yes! And different designers, different versions! I just thought of something: there could be like some sort of contest where there’s a certain amount of time for designers to make patterns for something like an airplane, cat, pillow, etc. ! Kind of like tester calls but not quite. Maybe designer calls? :smiley: I don’t know, just an idea :wink:

12 Likes

Funny I mentioned an airplane. You know there was not even one airplane pattern.

So, I created this. :partying_face: It’s just the chart, written directions are included, but not directions on how the technique works.

It’s free for a while because I think this was a great idea. Enjoy.

5 Likes

and crochet, knit, and sewing. Would be fun to see. :trophy:

4 Likes

I love this idea! It could also be a challenge where each month a theme is given and people create a piece that fits into that theme. Later there could be an open voting to decide that months’ winner and feature the creator and the patten (if there is one) on the main page. What do you think?

13 Likes

Yes, like a month ahead of a holiday, if that is chosen. I hate getting patterns the day before Christmas, and try to get them ready.

4 Likes

Yes! I think it would be such a cool feature in ribblr. Every month the feed page would be filled with that months theme :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes that is a great idea!:grin:

3 Likes

What a great idea! :grinning:

2 Likes

I would love more flexibility in the journal system, such as being able to add private projects done with patterns not / not yet available on here [though I do understand they are probably wanting to use it to encourage people to take a closer look at what patterns are available and perhaps purchase some of the offering] I would also love even more crafts added, as a multicrafter I love seeing everyone’s different projects across the varied methods. Personally I tend towards garment and accessories crafting so I’d love to see even more designers joining and adding their patterns for purchase :slight_smile: I love that as it is a new and growing community it feels much easier to go through the forums and add comments, reactions and be a part of the site and I hope we can all foster this through growth and keep the welcoming feel for new folks as they pass by. The monthly theme sounds like a nice idea although I wonder if that would be too much pressure on designers, whether there would be much uptake, perhaps something less often or a broader theme to give those who wish to participate more time and space for innovation :slight_smile: Perhaps the theme would be extended to makers to encourage more journals and sharing of in theme projects, kindof guided MALs if you will, across the mediums.

7 Likes

Those are some good points. We can’t always create a pattern in a month. Maybe more of a suggestion box, if you want a pattern and don’t find it here, let us know.

I love that more and more designers are joining and creating patterns every day.

4 Likes

That is very true! I think maybe it could be a 2-3 month thing, even 4, maybe even a year if needed to make things - it could vary :blush:

3 Likes

Very interesting suggestions!
It would be great to see if designers wish to join.

8 Likes

I NEED a guinea pig pattern. I’ve been looking for years.

5 Likes

Love the idea! Speaking of which, is it possible for you to put the pattern for the cute slippers you shared the other day, in your shop? I’d love to make them! :green_heart:

4 Likes

I am looking for a pattern for a discus fish. I own one and he looks like this-

6 Likes