PDF for patterns

I read a topic last night and can’t find it now. Maybe it was deleted. I saved my pattern as a PDF. I tried to upload it to the pattern, like I did with videos and photos. But, it said the size was too big. Not sure of the numbers, mine might be 82mb and it said it had to be 30mb. I changed the pattern to say I could email it. But, wondering if there is another way. Or something I am missing. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi,
Did you generate your pattern as a PDF and the file size was 82MB?

Try to use a PDF compression website, it should hopefully bring the size down so you can then add it to your pattern.

2 Likes

For example:

2 Likes

That worked. Not sure which one I used. But it is now included in the pattern. Thanks.

1 Like

I just discovered Ribblr has it’s own compression tool.
Click to generate PDF. Then click on More settings. Then, under Scale, you can change it to Custom. I think it started from 150% so going down to 100% worked for my eagle flag. Could have gone smaller but didn’t need to. Cool. Thanks Ribblr.

4 Likes

I sometimes message myself with patterns and even entire articles. That way all.imhave to do is pull up my messages. You should see THAT thread. :laughing:

2 Likes

You might have written the comment on the wrong topic. :slight_smile: But yes, I totally understand and have done that in other programs. Might have to try that here. Thanks.

3 Likes