People blaming the victim

17 Likes

Anxiety/Depression is the worst.

Weight is also up there for rough reasons. Like I’m aware weight contributes to things, but that isn’t the reason I’m sick. At least in my case, it’s a symptom of what’s been happening!

8 Likes

Exactly!!! Every time I go through a depressive episode I gain weight. This last episode was the worst.

6 Likes

So true :rofl:

Even my super sick mother will blame me or my father for the way I am with ADHD as if I did this to my own self :joy:
no its cause I was only ever given MEDS when I was younger and never tought coping mechanisms that actually work for me. Just kept giving up :rofl:

And anythimg else just wanted me to act “normal” like wanting me to mask and stuff like haha no
Im so terrible I CAN’T mask and I have no idea how people even do.

I dunno if ableism stuff necessarily counts as victim blaming though, except for physical disabilities caused by accidents later in life like being unable to walk cause of a car crash

9 Likes

oh gosh. i praying for you so hard. you dont deserve to go through this.

6 Likes

this is so true. people will tell me the reason i pull my hair is bc i have a “bad habit.” why cant you just accept that its a mental disorder??

6 Likes

I’m sorry about your own mother blaming you. That’s sad. Hopefully, you have a “surrogate” mother who enjoys you and nurtures you.

4 Likes

People say stupid stuff when they are not authentic enough to tolerate an uncomfortable subject.
@Kenshae

5 Likes

This :clap:t4::clap:t4::clap:t4:

3 Likes