pet peeve of mine

okay so this happened again and i need to know if im the only one it happens to. do you ever be like crocheting something in the round and take your stitch marker out to make the stitch, but are sort of on autopilot so you don’t put the stitch marker back? and you only notice after you’ve made more stitches so you have to guess where it should be?

40 Likes

Ughh yess its sooo annoying

7 Likes

i got lucky and realized it only after a couple stitches this time, but it still sucks :pensive:

7 Likes

Ugggg yeah this happens to me all the time! Sometimes I guess where it goes and idk if I put it in the right spot :pensive:

6 Likes

same, just gotta hope for the best​:pensive::pensive:

6 Likes

YES this happens to me SO much!!!

7 Likes

i really gotta stop zoning out while doing continuous rounds lol

7 Likes

Frfr (cs)

4 Likes

I hate when that happens :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

fr, and im zoned out like 90 percent of time too :sob::sob:

4 Likes

Frrrr cs

3 Likes

yes i hate it :sob:

3 Likes

at least im not alone :sob:

3 Likes

All the time.

3 Likes

I start all my rounds with a chain one, if it’s single crochet. I have an easier time finding the end of the row that way.

3 Likes

ah that makes sense. this pattern specifically said to not do that lol

3 Likes

So, bc most amigurumi patterns are worked in continous rounds, there is a certain trick that I do if I forget to place my stitch marker or I just ignore the Stitch market completely and just do rounds. The trick is you go back to your first round of single crochet 6 in magic ring, then you go up one and see your increase or if you’re just single crocheting your single crochet and it creates a certain spiral effect that starts a line going up your work and from there you follow the line until you get to where your stitch marker will be. And you will always have the same amount of stitches in the right place. Let me know if you need a full tutorial.

4 Likes

hmm, i kinda get it. this didn’t have many increases though so it’s a bit hard to see. either way i think my guess was pretty close

3 Likes

YESSSS!!! This happened to me as well.

2 Likes

it’s just so easy to forget to put it back on lol

1 Like