"block from here" pattern feature (solved)

“vales” which is the one giving me a pattern to test has done something called “block from view” on their pattern how do i get them to unblock it?

5 Likes

and i dont think it was on purpose

4 Likes

This is a feature to protect designers - so they can release the pattern part-by-part to make sure testers follow through as agreed.

Just reach out to the designer and tell them you finished - they probably have a deadline for each part and then they’ll release the second part for all testers who completed the first one :slight_smile:

Please see this:

7 Likes

If this box is checked while creating the pattern it will block the rest.
Screenshot 2023-01-20 8.20.56 AM

5 Likes

when in the pattern editing, there is the option to block from view and several lines about the fact that it has been blocked and testers won’t see anything below that line, and there are many points within the pattern that this can be done.
I do this now on tests to block the entire pattern for the first 24 hours to give everyone a chance to start a journal, but it can be used as checkpoints as well to make sure the testers are actually staying on track.

6 Likes

I’ve done by accident so def give a little message and see whats happening. Its easy to fix if its accidental

3 Likes

Usually if a designer uses that feature they will let you know, so definitely ask them about it, they possibly accidentally checked the box and didn’t realize.

3 Likes