Have you tried using jelly yarn?

• Yes
  • No
  • What is jelly yarn
  • Yes but I don’t like it
  • No but I want to try it

0 voters

6 Likes

Btw jelly yarn is a clear vinyl yarn that looks so cool! I mixed mine with regular acrylic for a cool look

(This is a custom order for an eel)

15 Likes

I’ve used that plastic string for those braided bracelets you make as kids, but have never even considered crocheting with it. It looks cool!

10 Likes

Yeah, this is kinda the same material, but jelly yarn is rounder so it is easier to crochet with, but I love using jelly yarn! :blush:

10 Likes

This looks so cool :heart_eyes:
I’ve never heard of this yarn and it isn’t available in my country. But I guess I could look for alternatives similar to this. Looks interesting to work with.

7 Likes

You actually order it online at jellyyarn.com. I don’t know if they ship worldwide though.

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the link! Unfortunately they don’t ship to my country :sob:

6 Likes

That’s so sad! Hopefully you can find something similar! I’ll check Etsy for you if you want!

6 Likes

Thank you so much!! I’ll also check once if they have something similar at the yarn market here! Is it washable and do all variants of the yarn glow in the dark?

6 Likes

Not all jelly yarn glows in the dark, but some glow, some have glitter, and some are opaque. I checked Etsy and Amazon and couldn’t find an alternative, but I think that the stuff you mentioned earlier could work if you wanted to try it!

6 Likes

Ohh! The glow in the dark jelly yarn would be so cool for home decor!
Yes I’ll go ask around at the market, I’m sure they might have something at least similar to this!
Thank you so much @SierraCrochets07 :pleading_face::heart::heart:

6 Likes

No problem! I hope you find something! I am working on a pattern that would be great for jelly yarn and regular yarn too, it is an amigurumi jelly fish!

6 Likes

This looks so cool! I have never crocheted with jelly yarn but I have crocheted with rubber bands, I would imagine that they would be similar feeling :yarn:

6 Likes

I think it would I have made loomigurumi too, but jelly yarn is a little stiffer than rubber bands!

5 Likes

Rubber bands?? What and how do you crochet with those? I’m very curious since I’ve never heard of it before

6 Likes

There are som great YouTube tutorials, and you use rainbow loom rubber bands!

6 Likes

I’d to love to test it for you if you need testers​:joy::blue_heart: fingers crossed I find some similar yarn by then

6 Likes

It’s actually really cool, I found it on YouTube one day and fell in love! I made a crochet seahorse from it, it takes a while to get used to because you have to use individual bands rather than one long strand but it is worth learning in my opinion

6 Likes

I’ve made frogs and ducks! With rubber bands

6 Likes

Nice! I would love to see more patterns with jelly yarn, I’ve never used it but I’m always open to trying new things!

6 Likes