•Poll•

It is so fun! The owner of jelly yarn also sells crochet kits! (Btw I don’t know her at all, I jut like using jelly yarn)

6 Likes

Oh is it the one using loom bands?!! I used to make bracelets in school! Didn’t know it had now become part of crochet too!! Learn something new everyday​:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Yes it is with loom bands!

5 Likes

That sounds lovely! I have the rubber bands lying around I think I’ll try learning through YouTube and see how it goes

6 Likes

I would recommend watching gingercel on YouTube, she has good tutorials!

6 Likes

Sounds good! I really recommend it

6 Likes

I just did and… wow​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: all the patterns are so cute! I’ll watch the Loomigurumi Basics video first on the gingercel channel
Thank you so much @SierraCrochets07 for recommending this channel! And thank you @Rosettalove213 for introducing loomigurumi to me!!

6 Likes

I learned how to crochet loomigurumi with her tutorials!

6 Likes

I feel like a grandma for not knowing about this tho​:joy::sob:

6 Likes

I didn’t know it was a thing until I saw it on TikTok about 6 months ago :joy:

6 Likes

Ohh no wonder! Tiktok is banned in my country and I don’t use any other social media accounts anyway so I guess I wouldn’t have known either way​:joy:

6 Likes

Oh, yeah I only heard of it on TikTok. So it makes sense!

6 Likes

I’m totally unaware of tiktok trends in general unless I watch some tiktok compilation videos on YouTube which I rarely do so yeah. Unless I see something in the crafting community like this I would be totally clueless​:joy:

6 Likes

That is how I got into crochet :joy: a crochet compilation on YouTube :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Btw if you ever get your hands on jelly yarn, it is NOT machine washable! I would hand wash if it needed to be washed!

6 Likes

Ohhh! The first time I crocheted was when I was probably 8 years old. My grandmother taught me. I still have my first ever lesson swatches with me. One was worked in the round and another was a small rectangle swatch I used as a blanket for a baby chipmunk​:joy:
I got serious a few years ago and decided to make a huge blanket all on my own. It took me YEARS thanks to college. My grandmother passed before she could see the completed blanket but she’d be happy now if she were here, that I finally managed to complete more than just the blanket​:laughing:

6 Likes

Thanks for the warning!! I’ll keep that in mind

6 Likes

Bookmarking this for Jelly Yarn!!

3 Likes

That would be great for making like a fishes tank or something like that!

4 Likes

They did do a crochet coral reef expedition. I checked it out on the internet. Tons of work and Absolutely stunning!

3 Likes