Pop up boxes in app

So I use the Ribblr app on my phone (ETA: Samsung S20FE) more often than not (and since I have the app, I canā€™t use the website as it always goes to the app when I sign in on the website)
Whenever I get a pop up telling me something while Iā€™m in the forums, itā€™s barely visible for a few seconds at best (and what is visible is cut off on both sides because I use my phone in portrait orientation)ā€¦ I canā€™t see the ā€œokā€ button unless I switch to landscape orientation, and doing that hides the pop up info completely by acting like itā€™s higher on the screen, but trying to scroll up moves the forum and doesnā€™t move the pop upā€¦ So I can click ok to get back to the forum, but not actually see the whole messageā€¦
Most recently Iā€™m finding that Iā€™m ā€œliking too many postsā€ but Iā€™m not actually sure what it is telling me beyond too many and how long before I can like againā€¦
@Ribblr

5 Likes

I was able to grab a screen shot

3 Likes

Thanks!
Feeding this straight to our dev team to sort out.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4 Likes

Thanks! And no worries, just wanted yā€™all to be aware :grin:

4 Likes

@Ribblr to go along with previous mentioned ā€œbugā€ā€¦ Iā€™m finding a lot of things donā€™t fit on my screen if in portrait mode, which is my primary viewā€¦ I hate using landscape and switching to that view is actually a major process, because I have it set up to lock in portrait and pulling down my top bar often results in moving whatā€™s in the app in the process (I hope that makes sense, my brain isnā€™t braining today hehe)

3 Likes

Hi! Can you send us a private message with a video showing this? Preferably upload it to imgur or a similar service.

3 Likes

I donā€™t know how I could take a video of itā€¦ And I donā€™t have imgur or anything like thatā€¦

3 Likes

@OBabyNMore You have an iPhone right? So you go to where you change your brightness/volume/Bluetooth etc. and you should see a button that looks like this

And you can screen record : )

Edit: I just realized you donā€™t have an iPhone! Iā€™m so sorry, Iā€™m not familiar with how to do this on a Samsung/android :disappointed:

3 Likes

Cool! I didnā€™t know that!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately as there are thousands of Android devices out there itā€™s complicated to reproduce issues reported for each device.

This should help:

Then you can upload it to imgur which is a free hosting site, or to Google Cloud or another secure service so our team can watch it securely online.

3 Likes

If anyone finds they are having the same issue, Ribblr helped me figure it out!
Next to your picture is the 3 horizontal lines menu (I guess some call it the hamburger menu :woman_shrugging:t3:), click thatā€¦ At the bottom if it says ā€œMobile viewā€ click it and it will switch to ā€œdesktop viewā€ā€¦ Now I can see any pop up boxes, whether an error or seeing the info about who liked your post :grin:

4 Likes