Pop up boxes in app

So I use the Ribblr app on my phone (ETA: Samsung S20FE) more often than not (and since I have the app, I can’t use the website as it always goes to the app when I sign in on the website)
Whenever I get a pop up telling me something while I’m in the forums, it’s barely visible for a few seconds at best (and what is visible is cut off on both sides because I use my phone in portrait orientation)… I can’t see the “ok” button unless I switch to landscape orientation, and doing that hides the pop up info completely by acting like it’s higher on the screen, but trying to scroll up moves the forum and doesn’t move the pop up… So I can click ok to get back to the forum, but not actually see the whole message…
Most recently I’m finding that I’m “liking too many posts” but I’m not actually sure what it is telling me beyond too many and how long before I can like again…
@ribblr

5 Likes

I was able to grab a screen shot

3 Likes

Thanks!
Feeding this straight to our dev team to sort out.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4 Likes

Thanks! And no worries, just wanted y’all to be aware :grin:

4 Likes

@ribblr to go along with previous mentioned “bug”… I’m finding a lot of things don’t fit on my screen if in portrait mode, which is my primary view… I hate using landscape and switching to that view is actually a major process, because I have it set up to lock in portrait and pulling down my top bar often results in moving what’s in the app in the process (I hope that makes sense, my brain isn’t braining today hehe)

3 Likes

Hi! Can you send us a private message with a video showing this? Preferably upload it to imgur or a similar service.

3 Likes

I don’t know how I could take a video of it… And I don’t have imgur or anything like that…

3 Likes

@OBabyNMore You have an iPhone right? So you go to where you change your brightness/volume/Bluetooth etc. and you should see a button that looks like this

And you can screen record : )

Edit: I just realized you don’t have an iPhone! I’m so sorry, I’m not familiar with how to do this on a Samsung/android :disappointed:

3 Likes

Cool! I didn’t know that!!

2 Likes

Unfortunately as there are thousands of Android devices out there it’s complicated to reproduce issues reported for each device.

This should help:

Then you can upload it to imgur which is a free hosting site, or to Google Cloud or another secure service so our team can watch it securely online.

3 Likes

If anyone finds they are having the same issue, Ribblr helped me figure it out!
Next to your picture is the 3 horizontal lines menu (I guess some call it the hamburger menu :woman_shrugging:t3:), click that… At the bottom if it says “Mobile view” click it and it will switch to “desktop view”… Now I can see any pop up boxes, whether an error or seeing the info about who liked your post :grin:

4 Likes