Positivity thread - share your week's happy moments and good vibes!

The purpose of this thread is to spread positivity and good vibes to improve everyone’s moods! Reflecting on the positive things in our lives is something we don’t do often and after all, our mental health is as important as our physical health. :heartpulse:
Please share the best things that happened to you this week!

I’ll go first :point_down:
This week I really enjoyed challenging myself by playing speed chess, as well as eating lots of good chocolates. I also had a long walk in the snow and the freezing -7C weather. I love all seasons equally and I love the winter weather!

What about you?

8 Likes

I enjoyed putting together a bookshelf and re-organizing my books. I’m also making progress testing a crochet cardigan. :yarn: I’ve never tried speed chess, but chess is my favorite board game!

4 Likes

That all sounds like fun!
Speed chess is fun & hard, I’ve tried a few with a 1-min clock and 3-min clock. The 3-min one I find is enough to be able to focus but the 1-min is truly brutal!

4 Likes

This week was pretty good for me. I made brownies which are yummy. I have a 4 day weekend from school (in-service, regular weekend, president’s day) which is a really nice mini break.

4 Likes

That’s really cool! I haven’t had brownies in ages… sounds delicious. What is difficult to make?

4 Likes

Not very difficult. The recipe was from Baking: from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan and it was the tribute to Katharine Hepburn brownies recipe

5 Likes

I had several people on social media tell me they would be willing to share my first Ribblr pattern. The reason that’s a positive is that I opened my shop to raise money for Alzheimer’s. I’m donating 100% of all sales so I’m heartened that there are people willing to help build awareness.

I lost my mom to Alzheimer’s just last month (and my MIL just Two months earlier, finding Ribblr has been a wonderful outlet for my creative energy and a pleasant distraction to help me heal.

Thank you for building such a wonderful platform that will enable me to raise funds! I hope I’m able to do lots of good once I’m ready to launch!

8 Likes

It’s wonderful that you’ve managed to find a way to stay positive and creative, heal and help others.
I find it really inspiring! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

It’s our pleasure! And I’m super happy to hear that Ribblr is helping you with doing something so important.

3 Likes

Participated in a great Zoom workshop with Lily Chin to learn Tunisian Crochet Colorwork in the round and got inspired to write more patterns.

5 Likes

Sounds like fun!

3 Likes

This week I finished a new design with super fluffy yarn! I love soft-velvety textured yarn, it makes me feel very happy! :laughing:
Also, had a really great video call with friends and we played scribbl online together and it was so much fun! I :art:

6 Likes

What are your top 3 fiber art books you own?

2 Likes

that sounds good! Have you got any left? :laughing:

2 Likes

Yes…but not many. They will be gone soon.

3 Likes

Haha that’s a good sign that it was super delicious :blush:

3 Likes

Vogue Knitting by Vogue Knitting Magazine, Tunisian Crochet Vol. 1 by Petra Tornack-Zimmerman, and Cast on Bind off by Leslie Ann Bestor.

I’ve been on the search for a good crochet stitch book to add to my collection!

2 Likes

I went on a yarnie roadtrip to Western Mass.

Went to 2 lys

1. WEBS - ahhhh the clearance warehouse i could browse for days

2- Northampton Wools - lovely low key lys, wide arrays of fiber content.

Big box x3

Raven used books- great fiber art selection

So relaxing… good first day of February vacation

5 Likes

Sounds lovely!

2 Likes

My happy moment this week was at dinner this evening when my 35yo. Son shared a story about our first snow in our current home. It made me happy bc it was a tale that he and I shared as father and son.

2 Likes

That’s really touching :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like