Pricing patterns

So I was wondering how should i price my patterns? cause for objects its material cost + hourly rate x hours spend

but for patterns i always have a problem with it, cause there’s no material cost and you can’t really count the hours, so the method doesn’t work, i kinda just go with hiw hard it was to make and how time consuming, but that’s not very consistent

Tell me what you think and how do you do it

8 Likes

If you want to

1 Like

I would go with how much you think people would pay, and have a base price of like a dollar or sm. Also the more common the less money, the less common the more money.

4 Likes

the lowest i go is 2 and the hightest i go is 15

4 Likes

15? For a pattern?!

4 Likes

You price objects like that? I dont. For patterns i say about 4 dollars is a good price for amigurumi. for clothing, you can do more.

3 Likes

how do you price objects then?? I’m curious :two_hearts:

1 Like

I ask people what they would pay, or just pick a price that seems reasonable. If somethign to took you half-an-hour to make, and costed like 5 cents in materials, how much would you charge? I charge 3 dollars for things that take half an hour, and 5 for things that taek closer to an hour.

1 Like

I kinda use my system and kinda just go with what i think is right, so for example last week i made a capybara, took abt 40 minutes to make and about a dollar in material, and i charged like 5 dollars for it

1 Like