Problem when tagging users

Hello @Ribblr Something weird has been happening for a little while now. Sometimes, I tag one person and another responds as if I had tagged them. This has happened both in private conversations with tester, and in topics. For example, I’ll tag @usernumber1, and then @anotheruser responds as if I’m talking to them and they got notified for being tagged.

I also have a situation in a group conversation with a tester who gets tagged everytime I tag a different tester, and the second tester is unresponsive. I’m told someone else had that exact problem with the same two testers.

Anyone else has experienced this? Wondering if it’s a bug or something.

5 Likes

Not sure we’ fully understand. You tag a user say @Ribblr and someone else gets notified for it?
If so the only way this would happen is if they follow you. But either way the person tagged will be notified unless they changed their notification settings.

4 Likes

Yes. It happened with a few different people. At first I thought they might have mistakenly thought I was talking to them and not have seen the reply was to another username, but I cleared this out with one of my testers that I was tagging another tester and not them, but it seems like everytime I tag the unresponsive tester, they are getting tagged.

And I talked to another person who had a similar issue.

3 Likes

Ok nevermind, it seems to have been a mixup on the tester’s part, but I did have that happen with other people too though.

4 Likes

Thanks for clarifying!

5 Likes

Yeah, I have an issue where I click to reply to someone but then when I send the persons image isn’t in the corner. I also get alerted for replies that have no one as the targeted person so often am insure if they’re talking to me or someone else but I get a notification as if they replied to me.

5 Likes

Might also be that they replied to you but your post was the last response, any reply to last response doesn’t show up with the little profile icon, though it does give notifications

Like this one is direct reply to you GotenkslovesmeCraft (not doing @ on purpose here so you can check if the notification is similar to what you described earlier)

4 Likes