Question! Do you like sewing within projects?

This is such a random question but like most people I knew that are fibre artists don’t like sewing withing projects but I find it quite enjoyable lol especially weaving in ends, in like the end of amigurumi projects (I hate sewing with chenille) but then I hate sewing with thread because its so fiddly lol anyways I would love to hear ur opinions

13 Likes

I don’t know if this counts, but I do a lot of overlaid chains or surface stitch which really add to the project. Stitching on pockets, or eyes on dolls, etc … so needed for the overall look. I really don’t mind. Buttons I’m not so fond of. I usually save them for the end.

4 Likes

I like to sew pieces together when I’m doing the assembly, I hate weaving on ends tho :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Mmm I never done buttons before but I feel like they would be quite fiddly

2 Likes

If I crochet something. I dont mind sewing on for the assembly. But if I have a lot of things to sew i hate it. I start feeling like its to much. My recent project I had to sew 10 things. But I push through it and get it done. I feel like sewing takes me to long to get done sometimes! But if im sewing a button, or using my sewing macine for projects i love it :heartbeat: I guess it all just depends on the mood!

3 Likes

I don’t mind burying the ends, but I hate seaming!

3 Likes

The sewing is fine but I hate when it’s already completely sewn together and I look at it and the head or something is crooked :sob:

5 Likes

I dont really mind sewing, but if its a bigger project like a granny square project its taking me at least a week before the sewings done. I dont like sewing that much

4 Likes

That is the worst feeling ever :sob:or like when the head is still wonky:(

4 Likes

I hate sewing the ends in but I don’t mind the actual sewing :grinning:

4 Likes

Lol not particularly however if it’s something like adding a zipper or a button that’s different. With Amigurumi I prefer no sew or a little sewing as possible even when I’m designing a pattern myself

5 Likes

Hand sewing for me is almost as relaxing as crocheting, so I like hand sewing “parts” together for toys, afghan blocks, home decor, knick knacks; however, I prefer using a slip stitch join when it comes to clothing items. Its so much easier to remove “seam(s)” if adjustments are needed later.

Oh, and when I am “cro-quilting” (my tm term for crochet & quilting items) I do like v to make my life easy by blanket stitching around the fabric pieces to be cricheted together.

Hugs,
GG

4 Likes

Yes I love using slip stitch to join clothing items! I just dont like sewing by hand most of the time

3 Likes

It annoys me until im done. When im done I’m happy cuz it always looks cool. But when I have to weave ends I despise it. Why is it so boring :sob:

3 Likes

I dont mind sewing pieces together but i dislike sewing in ends

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of sewing pieces because I obsess over getting them looking just right and perfectly symmetrical, so it always takes me awhile.

4 Likes

I usually don’t enjoy sewing the pieces together, but sometimes I like to sew in the ends :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like to sew in amigurumi!

2 Likes

Prefer not to sew if I can get away with it. Don’t machine sew at all. I will hand sew a zipper in because that means I don’t have to do a button band or deal with button holes

2 Likes

oooh yes that is very painful and the more u look at it the uglier it gets :sob:

2 Likes