Question for sellers

Have you guys finished setting up your stripe accounts? I’m a bit nervous to fully fill mine out since it asks for a lot of private data like my SSN and tax info numbers. I am very unfamiliar with all of it and can’t find much info.

I’d love to hear from people who sell their patterns and what the process was like setting up a shop and receiving payments

8 Likes

Your information is safe and stripe is trustworthy, I’m not sure exactly what info your asking for but if you elaborate I can let you know!

6 Likes

I’m sure it’s safe but I’m still nervous lol. I’m only 19 and I did my taxes for the first time ever last week so I’m super new to this type of stuff. I’m used to hiding my SSN from the world so I’m quite weary.

Does stripe ever take money from your bank account? I think that’s my biggest concern

5 Likes

Nope!

5 Likes

Hi!
Totally understand your concerns.

Stripe is one of the world’s leading payment processing companies trusted by the likes of ASOS, Amazon and Google.

When you sign up they are legally required to verify your identity and the documents they require depend on your government’s regulatory requirements. So it changes depending on your location.

You can always reach out to Stripe’s support for further clarification if needed.

Also make sure you select an individual account if you do not have a registered business.

Hope that addresses your concerns!

7 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to say I love using Ribblr! Its so easy and convenient. Its great for crafters who cant afford Etsy and Ravelry fees. Ive always wanted to sell my own patterns but I cant afford those fees. I have a few patterns saved in my drafts and one listed for free.

Are you guys planning on creating a new gateway for South Africans to be able to sell our patterns on here? Someone once told me that you are planning to create a new payment gateway this year. Im just wondering if thats true. I cant list all my patterns for free as I worked too hard on them. But Im definitely going to keep writing my patterns on here…

1 Like