Question of the Day - January 24

Good morning. Today’s question is:
Do you use the chain two method or the actual magic ring method?
Here we go:
When I use acrylic yarn, I do the magic ring, but when its chunky yarn, I do the chain 2 method.
How about you?
Shoutout to @CritterCrafts (Thank you for the question <3)

22 Likes

Uhh well I chain the amount the slst i am in an argument with mc and cant gigure out ghe other one

7 Likes

use chain 2, but when doing something different than a plush i use the ring

5 Likes

The magic ring method! But its a different way then I usually see people do it, so :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I use the chain two method if I can, but some patterns just need to start with a magic ring (such as the ones that need over 8 stitches at the start).

6 Likes

Actual magic ring with all types of yarn!! There’s this amazing plush yarn magic ring hack that saved my neck three billion times!

7 Likes

I normally use the magic ring but sometimes when the magic ring won’t close I’ll use the ch 2 method

6 Likes

I do the same exact thing. It’s impossible for me to use the magic ring method on chunky yarn

7 Likes

THAT IS WHY I USE THE HACKKKK!!!

I think Jessica had it :thinking:

4 Likes

The actual magic ring method.

I used to do that but learned it the way Ribblr taught me (using one finger) :sweat_smile: I know most ppl use two fingers (@SweetTomato is an example, bestie :expressionless:)

6 Likes

Magic ring

5 Likes

i always use mr

6 Likes

Thank you for the shout out! I always use the ch 2 method, the mr is more of a hassle for the same result in my opinion

6 Likes

I usually use the MR, but there were maybe 1 or 2 times when it wasn’t working so I used CH 2

(:

6 Likes

I ALWAYS do the MR because the ch 2 is just not it

6 Likes

Chain 2!

5 Likes

It doesn’t close that well and can’t always fit enough sts (if you know what I mean)

5 Likes

REALLL
That is so true lol
Like when the pattern says 12 dc in MR, the chain method barely works for that

5 Likes

ch 2 90% of the time ofc

4 Likes

i always do the ring, I’ve gotten really good at doing the presice pull. I also just can’t get the chain two method to look good

5 Likes