Question on range of yarn

Can you share with me what yarn line you use that has a large range of colors? Please respond even if you’re in another country other than USA.

11 Likes

Depends on what I’m making,
My standards are red heart super saver, hobby lobby I love this yarn/cotton/sport and that is because these are durable and easily available. If I’m making something special, or have the time to wait, I use knit picks brava (cheaper by the yard than hobby lobby) or stroll.
Personally, I will never take the time to hand wash or block, so I stick with acrylic and cotton mostly.

6 Likes

I like the “I love this -” line and “yarn bee” lines from Hobby Lobby, they’re nice, durable, have a nice range of colors and weights cough and go on sale 30-50% once a month. :smirk:

6 Likes

I use Lionbrand hometown style yarn. Its easy to find at walmart .

6 Likes

Hey @Kjhaugen ! Welcome to the Ribblr community!

6 Likes

I’ve gotten some paintbox yarn before and I liked those, nice quality while not being too expensive (just tried the regular thin acrylic, but they have other sizes/types)

It has quite a lot of colors as well

6 Likes

I mostly work with red heart super saver yarn. Because it’s easily Accessable to me and for the amount of yarn you get, it’s pretty budget friendly.

7 Likes

I started using Mainstays as an alternative to Red Heart.
Red Heart is still a go to when it comes to blankets and such.
Premier yarns, Mary Maxin and Herrschners have some good options too

4 Likes

Red heart and Big Twist are my main go to.

3 Likes

Do you notice a difference in quality between the two brands?

4 Likes

Mainstays works up better, it feels a bit more like higher quality when I work shawls and such.
I think the RH also splits more.

4 Likes

Thank you!
Thank U Laughing GIF by Pusheen

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m going to give it a try :relaxed:

3 Likes

Big Twist, RHSS, Mainstays as an alternative to these other two, I would probably rate it from worse to best RHSS, Mainstays then Big Twist. Also lion brand is very good as well! Plymouth yarn and the yarn WEBS makes have a ton of selection and are a bit higher quality/fancy yarns!

4 Likes