Question(s)!

@Ribblr @saar and anyone else who may know the answers to the questions below:

1). I am adding crochet patterns to Ribblr for the first time and was wondering if it is required to have someone test the pattern before I upload it?

2). I created my own original crochet pattern of Larry the Cucumber (from the Tv show VeggieTales), and was wondering if I am allowed to sell the pattern? I have seen people on Etsy sell VeggieTales stuff (pattern, dolls, etc), but am not sure if there would be a copyright problem.

3). I am interesting in selling makes, but do not want to ship internationally. Is there a way to chose the country(s) that you want to sell to? I only want to sell my makes to the US for now.

4). Can you sell makes made from patterns that are not on Ribblr?

Thanks,

JAdamsCollection

7 Likes

1.) It is not required to have someone test your pattern. Most people decide to have testers so they can ensure clarity and ease of their pattern instructions.

2.) (I cannot answer regarding copyright. I leave that to someone else.)

3.) Currently, the only way to do so is to set the cost high enough to discourage international shipping.

4.) Makes are only available for patterns currently on Ribblr.

A lot of info regarding makes is in this thread:

9 Likes

Okay, thank you so much for replying!

6 Likes

I think there may be a copyright issue. Maybe if you don’t call him Larry??? I see a lot of items with copyrights being made here on ribblr also but I would not myself.

4 Likes

Hmmm, okay. Maybe I’ll just call him “Cucumber L” or something…

3 Likes

For copyright
My daughter makes a ton of amigurumi plushies as commission works on another popular site. She can not openly say “look at this Pinkie Pie I made”. Or “I can make any My Little Pony” but she can have an unnamed picture in her library of one she made and specify, I make lots of items like this, “but this one is not for sale”…send me a message if there is something you would like me to make for you…
And sometimes even those get tagged and removed

3 Likes

Yeah, I tried selling a miraculous doll on Etsy, and Etsy deactivated it :confused:

2 Likes

Yeah, you can have someone ask if you can make one and you can make one for that person but you can not use that image to advertise for your own gain

3 Likes

In general you must retain the right for whatever you wish to sell. If you are not sure it’s best to consult a legal professional

4 Likes

Okay. Thank you for the clarification :grin:

2 Likes

TBH I would love a Larry he cucumber pattern all of my siblings grew up on that show including me

3 Likes