Question! :))

Yep thats my genre i love the dystopian / action / suspense / maybe a little bit of romance / i like spooky books that give u nightmares too (im crazy)
(especially if they have movies) (cuz i read the books first then i watch the movie as a gift BUT the thing about that is im like “ThEy FoRgOt tHaT pArT” the entire movie :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

YES! They didn’t do too bad with the hunger games movies, but I’ve heard the divergent movies missed a lot of important stuff

3 Likes

Yes! Hunger games was pretty good for not changing much BUT divergent OMG they changed like the whole plot and THEN they didn’t even finish the movie! There was supposed to be another movie that would probably be another 2 hour movie but it just ends with them standing on a building -_- (one character is supposed to be dead at the end but thier still alive. Im not gonna spoil who tho)

3 Likes

My regular go to, well worn books are Harry Potter, The Shadowhunter Chronicles, The All Souls Trilogy, Ready Player One, Fangirl, and The Cormoron Strike series.
I love reading Mysteries, rom-coms, spicy romance, fantasy, and more. I’m currently reading a book called Murder Your Employer, its pretty good so far. My TBR pile seems endless sometimes for sure!

2 Likes

My favourites are definitely Harry Potter or the Folk of the Air series!
I’m also a sucker for anything greek mythology, I recently bought the Illiad and I’m excited to read it!

2 Likes

i like Keeper of the Lost Cities (KEEFE ROCKS) :heart:

2 Likes

Jane Austen and the Brontë sisters.

I’m ok with the first few Harry Potter books, but the later ones are a bit too dark for my taste (too serious and a bit scary)

2 Likes

KEEFE IS MY FAV :heart::heart::heart:
And Ro

2 Likes

omg yessssss Ro is a baddie

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Apparently the same people made the divergent movies as the hunger games, so I guess they decided to put more effort into the hunger games lol. Which I’m not too mad about, because at least one of them is really good! But they also had to choose which series they’d make the last movie on, and they chose the hunger games too. So there’s not going to be a Four :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

So, old school? Cuz I’m like the same age as @tygger428 , Anything Alan Dean Foster, Brian Daley, Piers Anthony, Robert Asprin, Roger Zelazny, Raymond Feist, ANNE MCCAFFREY, Narnia series and Lord of the Rings.

Currently? Tamora Pierce, Marissa Meyer, Christopher Paolini, Percy Jackson etc, and HARRY POTTER.

These days I do most of my “reading” through audio books. So, I can be doing other things at the same time. Like driving or crocheting.

2 Likes

When I was younger I loved The Magic Treehouse and Junie B. Jones - both of which I own every book and am so excited for when my daughter gets a bit older and we can read them together.

Now I have found myself always in the Thriller/Historical Fiction sections of books.

If you’re into twists and turns in the thriller area, I highly recommend anything and everything by Jon Hart. He’s one of my very favorites.

I’m currently in a Villains Series by Serena Valentino. She has created her own backstories based on the VILLAINS of our Disney Favorites. They are all intertwined and connected and the stories she tells are very interesting and I’ve loved every book so far. I’m on Gothel and so far it’s my favorite of them all and I still have several to get through.

1 Like

I’ll have to admit that I haven’t read a book in a long time. I don’t have the energy to get through it. I have a ton of audio books I have yet to start.

2 Likes