Question

This if for the crocheters, what did you learn first, magic circle, or granny square?
I learned magic circle!

13 Likes

Magic circle, i just recently learned granny squares lol

5 Likes

Magic circle

4 Likes

I learned magic circles first but I didn’t really understand how rounds work untill I started making granny squares. Now I usually chain 2 and work in the first stitch because I find magic circles to be a bit confusing.

6 Likes

Magic circle!!

5 Likes

magic circle!

4 Likes

and i think you have to know how to do a magic circle to make a granny square, right…?

4 Likes

Magic circle. :laughing: granny square years later.

5 Likes

You dont really need to, you could use the ch 2 method

7 Likes

oh yeahhhh i forgot that existed!! wow

4 Likes

Granny squares. I’ve never bothered to deal with magic circles

5 Likes

I learned the magic circle first <3

4 Likes

you kinda need the magic ring to do a granny square (or the way I do granny squares) so magic ring i learned fist

4 Likes

i learned granny squares first, but now I’m pretty comfortable with both!

4 Likes

I learned granny square first, but now im so used to maguc circles that i accidentally make them when i need to chain

4 Likes

Magic circle.
After I started crocheting, I didn’t try to make granny squares for a while.

5 Likes

i learned the ch 2 method and i still use it

5 Likes

I kind of learned them at the same time because when I started really getting into crochet at the beginning of the year I was making bandannas for my moms dogs and they started with a magic circle to make like a half granny square but for the longest time I was doing my magic circles backwards (the tail out of the right side instead of left) because I couldn’t figure out you chain one then turn the circle lol

5 Likes

I’ve always done granny squares with a magic circle too but apparently the basic way is to chain to start

4 Likes

A quite large doll. I went all in lol. Did I mess up here and there? Yes. But overall is she stunning? Also yes. I was incredibly surprised and proud of myself for it being my first project.

5 Likes