Question?

What do you like better knitting or crochet? I absolutely hate it when people call knitting and crocheting the same thing yeah sure you use yarn for both but it’s completely different.

I personally prefer crochet because it is more versatile and easier to frog. I definitely think that knitting is easier to learn but once you get the hang of crochet it is really fast too. I think knitting is so timeless cause everyone has seen the stockinette stitch even if they don’t know what it’s called. But crocheting is more like the dark horse I didn’t know about crochet until 2 years ago.

Anyways tell me what you think. :blush: :blush: :blush:

14 Likes

I only crochet. I have tried to learnt to knit but it just doesn’t click. I managed tunisian crochet but I don’t enjoy that as much as regular crochet.
It is a pet hate when someone asks me in person what I’m knitting. I took to saying “nothing, I don’t know how to knit” and providing nothing more until they ask :rofl:
I know some other languages use knit to mean yarn crafts so online it doesn’t bother me at all.

10 Likes

I go between knitting and crochet. Sometime it’s the project and sometime it is which hand muscles are ready to play.

8 Likes

I tried knitting before crochet but I just wasn’t able to keep focusing on knitting projects, haven’t finished anything and soon have up

Crochet just fits me a little more especially because of the amigurumi, have been doing it a while now and it’s really fun

Also definitely frustrating when people call crochet knitting, like most people here have just never heard of it, though the Dutch word for it is kinda weird so it’s kinda understandable :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Same here, Last week I tried to get back into knitting because they were talking abt it on the telly but I just gave up when the cast on kept falling off, I’m surprised I’ve stuck to crocheting cause sometimes I just can’t be bothered to fulfil somethings. Lol.

6 Likes

Omg I feel you so much! This is like MY LIFE - my dad says ‘don’t you have something to knit’ and I say ‘it’s crochet!!!’ my mom laughs my dad’s like ‘whatever’ :roll_eyes::joy:
Anyways, I started with crochet and that’s always been my fav! I know a little bit of basic knitting but that’s about all. Crocheting is much more natural to me, and everything just clicks with it if you know what I mean.

6 Likes

My mum always does that to me to and she’s knows the difference as well. Lol and I definitely know what you mean it’s a shame they don’t teach crochet in textiles.

7 Likes

I did not know that. Kinda like vacuuming is hoovering even though I don’t own a hoover. :wink:

I can knit, but it is so slow for me. Someday I might find a better pattern or a bigger set of knitting needles. :grin:

So, crochet it is for me. :yarn:

I show them the “hook”. Some people just don’t know. :hook:

My grandson had to fill out a sentence that said something like. “My grandma knit me a sweater.” He filled it out, but changed knit, to crochet! :partying_face:

7 Likes

I like them both, but it depends on what I’m making, I guess. For lacy stuff, crochet is the way. I will design blankets, but I think crocheting them is a lot less work. For gloves and socks, knitting makes a better-fitting fabric. If you want something that’s drapey, it’s hard to go wrong with knitting. Except lace, which I think is a chore to knit.

6 Likes

I started with knitting, but I crochet much more now. It’s just easier and less time consuming. Plus, I love these very intricate, delicate cotton shawls so much I have 4 shelves in my stash just for cotton cakes loll.

6 Likes

Same here (the knitting part, my mum taught me)

6 Likes

I prefer crochet personally but I can knit. I actually learned how to knit first ironically :joy:

6 Likes

Same lol.

5 Likes

awww that’s so cute.

5 Likes

I mostly crochet, but recently I’ve been trying to get into knitting, its a bit difficult to find free animal patterns to try, I wanted to get into knitting since there are a lot more clothing patterns out there for it, but also I don’t want to deal with the whole sizing stuff right now. It’s going pretty well, but its a bit more difficult for me, and remembering how to do what, I only know at the moment how to cast on, and the two basic stitches knit and purl? But I still have to periodically watch videos on how to do them… I’ll get there eventually

6 Likes

Your grandson sounds clever.

I only found out last year and it has helped me understand others better :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes