Random Color Blanket

I was inspired by someone on TikTok (I cannot remember the account’s name) to make a blanket. Now what they did was roll a dice, and the dice determined which color the next row would be. I am considering doing this, but I wanted to know. What colors should I do? Insight?

8 Likes

Are you doing it for yourself? I like to look around my house and match the colors. Like for example, my rug.

rug

Or, maybe, different shades of blue. Orange, red, and yellow would be bright.

5 Likes

I actually did this a long time ago with an amigurmi ghost and I picked very random colors and just prayed it looked good, it’s more fun that way but maybe if it’s an entire blanket you might want to choose a decent color scheme haha

4 Likes

That was what I was thinking. Should I do a dark color scheme, Rainbow, or Pastels?

4 Likes

This is for me, mainly because I don’t make a lot of blankets unless I am knitting and I crochet a lot more now.

4 Likes

Maybe do like a late night sunset type theme examples: dark blue, dark purple, black, darkish pink, burgundy and anything along those lines

4 Likes

I guess you would need 6 colors, because of the dice. Maybe pick 3, and then use a pastel and a bright of each.

5 Likes

If you have the yarn, try a small square, like for a pillow. And see what you think.

5 Likes

That sounds beautiful. I might do that. Thank you for the suggestion. I also need to determine how long I want it to be as well.

5 Likes

That is a great idea.

5 Likes

I tend to be boring and would go with a single color and have variations of it… For instance, my family tends to lean towards dark colors and reds so I’d either do a greyscale from white to black, or shades of red (not tints as I hate pink)

4 Likes

Do pastel rainbow!

5 Likes

I am not a huge fan of pink either unless an amigurumi pattern calls for it (Example- Mew from Pokemon is Pink)

5 Likes