Random curiousity

I just found out that one of my favorite childhood shows is available on Youtube and I’m watching the heck out of it! I wanted to ask… What are some of y’all’s favorite childhood tv shows?

My big two was Bill Nye and the Big Comfy Couch!
In the event anyone looks this up, the whole world of Big Comfy Couch is clowns, so Coulrophobics beware! (Coulrophobia is the technical name for fear of clowns!)

10 Likes

pororo and mlp! i didn’t really start watching bill nye ‘til around fourth or fifth grade but that was a really fun one too :blush:

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of Pororo, I’ll have to look it up!

6 Likes

yeah my mom is korean so a lot of the stuff i consumed was from over there; from what i remember it was a fun show! larva is another one now that i think of it

5 Likes

I’ve watched a couple episodes of Larva on Netflix and there were a lot of things that put me off as an adult, but I could see the appeal to kids.

6 Likes

SpongeBob and Dinosaurs (the one about the Sinclairs)! Also wonder pets and goosebumps :]

6 Likes

Spongebob was never to my taste, but I positively grew up with Dinosaurs! And Goosebumps were the best books! … Still are, with some of what I’ve read recently. XD

7 Likes

i loved sophia the first

8 Likes

my mum always said bill nye was too secular to watch (christain parents) so i never watched him. I loved mlp and winx :3

7 Likes

As a kid we didn’t have much TV. I liked magical world of Disney on Sunday night. I also liked little house on the prairie.

6 Likes

Ive never head of either one of those :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Your parents had a problem with Bill Nye the Science guy, discussing real world science, but no problem with a show about talking technicolor ponies and magick fairies? XD

4 Likes

Dude, my Mom was the same way about stuff like that too. Dad couldn’t really care less. He’s one of those Woodstock hippies, but ya know, parental solidarity. For the longest she wouldn’t let me read or watch Harry Potter because witchcraft. I finally was like, “Ma… The spells are Latin…”
Guess who loves Harry Potter now. :joy:

5 Likes

Wild Kratts and Odd Squad

7 Likes

I also loved Bill Nye! Ducktails, Pokemon, and x-men were just a few of my favorites. I was definitely a tomboy and watched more action type cartoons lol.

6 Likes

I watched the kratt brothers on the show before they did the Wild Kratts.

My mom encouraged me to watch what I wanted, and I went through Barney first, then the Big Comfy Couch and Bill Nye, then Sailor Moon, then Pokemon, now I’m an out-dated anime nerd who doesn’t keep up with the trends until they’re old news. XD

On Harry Potter, I’m the odd one out of my family. I love witchcraft and magick in general but the series just never hit with me as strongly. I’ve seen almost every movie but can’t be bothered to read the books. Almost everyone else is obsessed.

Part of it’s the owls. I’m ornithophobic (afraid of birds) which makes it hard for me to enjoy those parts of the movies.

6 Likes

Ohh, are you referring to Zaboomafoo? That’s the first time I remember seeing the Kratt brothers, and was another show I liked!
Yeah, HP isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. :blush: I read the books after I saw the first movie, and I really enjoyed the writing style and world building! It was very different from anything I had seen/read before and it gave me that childhood magic vibe that I still appreciate as an adult.
Also, I too am an outdated anime nerd who pays no mind to trends! :joy:

4 Likes

Mine childhood tv was 2 programs from the BBC; Octonauts and Horrible Histories

6 Likes

Bear in the Big Blue House, Zaboomafoo, and Dragon Tales!

6 Likes

shes fine with Harry potter (she was the one who forced me to read it lmao, not a huge fan but its well written :3) but honestly bill kinda annoys me,idk what it is lmao

6 Likes