Re learning like help in tips please n thank you

I have learning disability I’m trying re learn crochet last I did this was high school I’m mom of three grandma to lil princess . My husband in remission for leukemia. Love start trying again making stuff for them . Granddastrong textughter into elephants pink n purple . I’m left hander YouTube dose not work for the way I learn . If any one able video chat FaceTime etc has time on hands teach step by step I’d greatly appreciate it. As you can see I gave up stuckstrong text .:sob:

8 Likes

A tip that is kind of helpful, test out different ways to hold your yarn as I couldn’t figure out why I struggled to keep it tight until I held it differently so each couple of rows change the way you hold it to find out which works best for you! Best of luck and don’t give up! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I am a self-taught left-hand crocheter, Bella Coco videos on YouTube are what helped me learn. In the beginning I did easy things like face scrubbers and coasters to help me get the hang of it. Also small amigurumis.

6 Likes

I’m self taught and I also used Bella Coco videos
I also made scrubbies

4 Likes

@Lettuce272 coco Bella was hard for me I’m in the USA maybe she has an accent or something just could not stick with her I try over 100 YouTubers due my learning disability I seem lean best Roth someone infront of me or like try video chat as my therapist said at least learning like this I can ask questions while going the work show my work get feed back to we’re if I mess up I can go back re try with someone online to help if that makes sense . I try mike crawsd but I stop n try over n over one time I thew my hook cat got it :joy: needless say my therapist think I’m on the right track but think if I could find some one walk me thu it all till I get it could be worth me asking or gain the help. I hold hook oddly but the step they says warp yarn over I have adhd I try ho fast not think there been time I for get that step I end up doing it the other way they was told wrong :expressionless: it’s all confusing others teach different then others as I learn different then others I try ask in church see if anyone dose this no one want work with me my brother pass last week so now I’m hiding in my home not step out hubby said ho ahead order books my new question is do they sale books on Amazon they offer step by step instructions thu videos or pictures tips etc before I buy more stuff for this on Amazon?

4 Likes

@Lefthandstitches ty I try her just couldn’t down hers my therapist think if I could find done one who has time yea h thu video call etc walk me thu steps untill I get it could benefit me . My granddaughter had her one year birthday I miss it being sick. They live two he from us be nice make things they involved elephants she loves them . I want do pink or multi one . I start was multi. Color yarn for a lil blanket for her be nice but these YouTuber seem be great but for others I learn best if for one was In front of me or be great try veido chat learn since I built anxiety adhd depression on meds now but they said takes month or two work . She my world love master something take her once the storms let’s up we in Fl . They in Callahan fl .

4 Likes

@Mentaldee I’ve try her too nothing click with it . Seen I learn best with teacher n front of me my therapist think I need try veido chat being adhd now anxiety keeps me glue my recliner lot took place n my life I get scared be out there around many people. Sadly I hope o can master this before my granddaughter gets older hubby said I can order Amazon stuff but idk if there book eith step by step thu the whole steps of blanket or whatever good for beginners make

4 Likes

Have you tried an easy free pattern on here.
If you press the stitch a short easy video comes up.
Are there any stitches you can remember?

4 Likes

@Mentaldee I just found this app last night I’m still learning it :blush:

4 Likes

Have you found the free patterns
If so use the magnifying glass and put scrubby, dishcloth or coaster.
Choose something simple to start

4 Likes

I did use Bella coco to learn the absolute basics, she is British :sweat_smile: so would have an accent to people from the us etc however try many people and try not to get stuck on one thing too quick, I moved on to some really slow step by step crochet animals so i didnt get bored and give up as i struggle to not get bored and distracted. i think club crochet have some slow videos too :slight_smile:

1 Like