Re-uploading grids from Pinterest

Hey everyone! Is it okay to re-upload c2c grids and bracelet patterns here as patterns (the pixel ones) if I make the patterns free and add disclaimers that I’m not the one who made it? I’ve seen some grids that I wanna spread more, but I don’t know if it’s immoral or not. Thoughts?

6 Likes

Unless you are the original creator of those grids (ie the copyright holder) no, you should not do that. You can only share material you actually own. You can’t upload someone else’s creation. I believe that violates copyright law and is against Ribblr’s terms and conditions

6 Likes

That goes against guidlines here on Ribblr, plus pinterest is kind of notorious for stealing/theft with things like this since it’s so easy to do, there’s a chance that the designer doesn’t even know their pattern is out there, definitely verify the true designer somehow if possible like looking to see if there’s a watermark and searching the watermark to find the original designer so you can support them by going to their shop/site

something you can do instead is share a post of something you made using those grids, bracelet patterns with proper credit given for example, made this using [pattern name] by [pattern designer] you can find it at [the correct place to view/purchase]

2 Likes

Okay, thanks for pointing that stuff out! That makes sense and yeah, Pinterest really does have a TON of stolen content on it unfortunately

1 Like

So does Etsy, eBay and other sites unfortunately

2 Likes