Really frustrated 😭

I have tried 20 times to get what I thought was the knit stitch, but what nobody said in any of the tutorials I watched is you have to do 1 knit row 1 purl row. I spent hours watching tutorial after tutorial to come to the realization that I was doing the stitches right, but no one had told me how to get the neat v shape that I thought was THE knit stitch

8 Likes

Hi…Maybe you did the knit stitch in wrong way! You can try to watch other knit tutorial so you can found the right way​:laughing:

4 Likes

Thank you! I eventually found the right way after several hours of trying the same thing lol

4 Likes

O girl, that would be frustrating but can’t fault your Persistence!

4 Likes

Thank you! It honestly was frustrating, but so was learning how to crochet :joy:

4 Likes

The name of the fabric with the V pattern is called stockinette, you make it by alternating knit and purl rows if you are working flat and knitting all rows when working in the round. If you knit each row when working flat you get a garter stitch fabric, it has the ridges on both sides.
I think the hardest thing about knitting is understanding the language. It’s difficult to work out what you need to search for when you don’t know what the thing you are looking for is called.
Good news - all of a sudden it will click and you will understand all the lingo!

5 Likes

Ok! Thank you!

4 Likes