reasonably priced high rise riding breeches?

So this is for all my equestrian people out there. Does anyone know where to find any reasonably priced (that means less than 100 and preferably 50 or less) high rise riding breeches because I despise low rise with a burning passion and they make me feel fat in the worst way possible when I literally weigh around 105 pounds and my mom wont get me any different ones because we’re broke. Oh and any that will not bake me because the pair I have now I was burning up after two seconds

15 Likes

I recommend getting riding tights!! Kerrits is the brand I get most of my stuff from, but you can prob check in Ovation and Dover Saddelry too!!

I use riding tights because they are cheaper ( normally around $150-$160 a pair ) and they are thinner for the summer! I’m getting one pair of regular riding breeches for the winter tho!

Also for Kerrits they have something called Icefil/cool core and you can get those and they basically wick away sweat and can keep you up to 5 degrees cooler!! I can definitely say I feel a difference apposed to normal breeches haha!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ll have to check out riding tights and see how “reasonable priced” they are (according to my mom’s standards)

2 Likes

They aren’t too far away from the price of normal breeches but in my opinion are nicer! I would get a darker color though (or tan) I have black and peppercorn and they look pretty flattering on me! I have sensitive skin so the material is really nice and doesn’t chafe me apposed to riding breeches or other brands!

2 Likes

That’s amazing! I literally have a show in two weeks and we got all the stuff last minute because yeah. and I’m gonna have to convince my mom that riding tights work just as well bc my trainer said breeches :sob:

2 Likes

Yeah!! I would recommend breeches for shows! Depending on how many shows you do depends on the amount of breeches but I would say 1-2 pairs max. I’m not showing yet/I’m not up to the level yet but I should hopefully be soon!! I would recommended getting 2 pairs of tights and 1 pair of good quality breeches! They should last you fine!!

2 Likes

Also some photos of the riding tights with me riding!

2 Likes

And yeah I normally just wear tights for lessons but I would def use breeches for shows, especially if your a hunter jumper apposed to just a jumper :}!!

2 Likes

yeah the lesson barn I go to does hunter jumper although I do wanna do just jumping one day

2 Likes

That’s awesome!! They teach both hunter jumping and jumping at my barn! It might be something you could ask about tho, especially because some shows (at least in my area) put hunter jumpers and jumpers in the same show! ( just different levels/classes obv :>)

2 Likes

Yeah my trainer has said that they explicitly do hunter jumper so. but I will be in a touch class

2 Likes