repeat feature

Is there possibly a way you can incorporate a ā€œrepeatā€ counter within the app. That way we can still use it if itā€™s not in the pattern.

6 Likes

If tge word repeat is in the pattern, like repeat 1-50, you should be able to click (double click?) on the word repeat and a row counter shows up.

I am not sure if it will stay if you close tge app in between, so you may want to write down the row count before closing

Edit: itā€™s one click on the word repeat
And no, the counter is not saved, so write it down before closing :blush:

5 Likes

Yep. Iā€™m hoping for one when itā€™s NOT in the pattern. Thatā€™s a good tip about saving the number before closing the app.

5 Likes

Ah, I see!

I prefer manual counters personally. I hate having the phone open all the time, the screen is either too bright or too dark.
And hubby always complains about it no matter how bright :joy:

5 Likes

I guess I could get a different manual one. I work with my laptop, then use the phone for the manual one ā€¦ Full time Ribblr would work better for me. :wink:

5 Likes

I love my small click counters, or just marking the rows on some paper :memo: and sticking it in my wip box when I canā€™t find a counter :joy:

I sometimes use crochet.land to keep track. But usually only when I need the time for getting a price range for an item.

4 Likes

Interesting. The repeated instructions being separate and able to click to strike-through/keep track of which one youā€™re on is one of my favorite parts about Ribblrā€™s pattern writer, Ribbuild. I hope all Ribbuild pattern writers take advantage of it! Not doing so would definitely deter me from buying another pattern from someone tbh. :eyes: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, itā€™s def a cool feature!
Especially for Amigurumi or small projects.

But Iā€™m currently working on a 50 row repeat. Iā€™m not gonna knit 50 rows in one setting.

It would be awesome if that counter would be saved until I mark that ā€˜lineā€™ as finished.
(Not on topic, but a side thought :blush:)

5 Likes

Perfectly on topic. I love this idea.

5 Likes

Be sure to communicate that with them. With this being a new format, we are all still learning.

5 Likes

I love that feature also, ticking off each round row. However, not all pattern writers incorporate this feature for some reason- which I find downright irritating.
Irritated self tempted to vomit all over the designer, but Lord, help me to shut my mouth!!

5 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn Could you please elaborate? Why would you need a counter if youā€™re not in the pattern?

@CraftsbyNicB I passed your feedback regarding the counter not being saved to the team. Hopefully, we could add that in one of our next feature drops.

5 Likes

Thanks!

4 Likes

I am in the pattern. Just not all patterns say repeat. So I canā€™t use the counter.

6 Likes

@CraftsbyNicB I got an update from the tech team regarding the counter. They say that they are saved when you leave the pattern. In fact, thereā€™s a different counter for each ā€˜repeatā€™, and each one of them is saved separately. Could you please check if it works like that for you?

5 Likes

@HookedByMarilyn Could you please DM an example for a pattern that doesnā€™t say repeat and youā€™d benefit from having a counter?

4 Likes

I tried it in the pattern Iā€™m currently testing gor Ribblr.
Let me try again.

It DID save it!
The pattern tool jumped to another round, thatā€™s why it showed up at zero.

One thing though, when you click the repeat, it marks the line as finished.
But that might be this super wacko phone screen :roll_eyes:

4 Likes