Ribblr dictionary

Hi everyone! especially everyone new to Ribblr or new to crochet! I figured it would be good to write down as many crochet related abbreviations (not including the basic stitches) as I know! if anyone else knows of any that I missed feel free to reply with more : )

FO- finished object
HOTH- hot off the hook
UFO- unfinished object
HO- half object
HFO- half finished object
RHSS- red heart super saver
CSS- Caron simply soft
ILTY- I love this yarn
BSV- bernat super value
LY
Frog- unravel your work
tink- undo one stitch in knitting (knit backwards) not crochet related but fun to know
WIP-work in progress
CTY- cut the yarn
KAL- knit along
CAL- crochet along/craft along
SABLE- stash acquired beyond life expectancy
WYIF- with yarn in front
WYIB- with yarn in back

that is all of the ones i can remember off the top of my head feel free to add anymore below! : )

also HUGE credit to @OBabyNMore and @LDSVenus for teaching me these! i just wanted to put them up as a main post and not just a bunch of replies so it is easy for other people to see! if you add to this post I will try to frequently edit it to show everything in one long post. I will credit people who help with this ribblr dictionary as I go!

CREDITS-
@Minty_Mia
@CaneCladRaven
@NoKittenAroundStudio

I will keep updating this later this week!

19 Likes

Fo is for fasten off right?

6 Likes

It’s fasten off and finished object - both of them, yes I believe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Amazing! I also have a list of crochet abbreviations on my website, so I’ll make sure to add these later today! :grin: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Don’t forget WIP!! (Work In Progress)

5 Likes

CTY - cut the yarn. I wish we could add our own abbreviations to the patterns

5 Likes

Frogging my work (tho I hate to undo it) always makes me smile, cos you are ripping it out rows as you go and it’s faster in knitting, so… rip it, rip it becomes ribbit, ribbit. ;p.

6 Likes

Don’t forget KAL - knit along - and CAL - crochet along (and also craft along)! :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::hugs:

4 Likes

SABLE - Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy
WYIF or WYIB - With yarn in front, With yarn in back - helpful with Tunisian crochet.

8 Likes

These were really useful but dont forget about the basics

Sc- single crochet
Dc- double crochet
Hdc-half double crochet
Slst- slip stitch

8 Likes

To go with the RHSS
CSS Caron Simply Soft
ILTY/C I Love This Yarn/Cotton
BSV Bernat Super Value
LYS Local Yarn Shop