Ribblr of the week: meet Brianna 🏅

We are excited to introduce you to to Brianna (@hookedbybrianna), the owner of Hooked By Brianna and our Ribblr of the week!

Hey Brianna! :wave: Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Hi I’m Brianna! I am 18 years old and I have been crocheting for about a decade now. I am currently a freshman in college and I plan to major in Entrepreneurship. Other than crocheting, I love painting, graphic design, and pretty much anything that involves exercising my creativity.

You started Crocheting at a young age! How did that come about?
I started crocheting when I was around 8 and I learned through YouTube tutorials. I was inspired to crochet by my grandmothers, but unfortunately they weren’t able to teach me because one passed away and the other lived 8 hours away from me.

Is Crochet your favorite craft type?
My favorite type of craft is crocheting because the possibilities of things I can create is virtually endless. I love experimenting with different patterns, items of clothing, accessories, decor, etc.

How did you start designing?
I started designing when COVID-19 hit and I was in need of a creative outlet. I picked up crocheting again, and started making my own designs rather than just following tutorials.

What is your usual process of designing?
I usually just pick up my hook and see where it takes me. I rarely have a clear vision of what I’m going to make before I make it. Not only is the project a surprise to my viewers, but it is also a surprise to me!

That’s awesome! So what inspires you to create and design?
Early 2000s fashion, 90s fashion, and modern fashion are my main inspiration when it comes to designing my crochet pieces.

What was the longest project you worked on?
The longest project I worked on was a Lion King blanket. Overall, blankets do take a really long time to make, so I rarely make them.

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!) :frog:
The shortest project I’ve crocheted was flower earrings. They take around 10-20 minutes and they are one of my favorite things to crochet because they look so cute and unique in different color pallets.

What’s the most recent project you’ve worked on?
The most recent project I’ve worked on was a hot pink halter top. It was the first thing I’ve crocheted since I moved for college and it really made me get my crochet groove back!

Any favorite song or music you would like to recommend? :notes:
My favorite song is “Pretty Little Fears” by 6lack ft. J Cole. I can listen to that song all day and I wouldn’t complain.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
Progress tracking!

Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Ashlee - @TheDreamCrochet !

That’s lovely. Thank you for sharing Brianna! :purple_heart:

Check out Brianna’s shop - Hooked By Brianna:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge🏅)

Questions/compliments for Brianna? Share them below! :speech_balloon:

9 Likes

Hi @hookedbybrianna ! It’s wonderful to hear your story :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What’s your favorite (or one of your favorite) pattern you have in your shop? :blush:

6 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for reading :blush: my favorite item in my shop has to be the tie dye bucket hat pattern because it combines one of my favorite styles of hats and tie dye!

6 Likes

We love it! @hookedbybrianna

3 Likes

Nice to meet you @hookedbybrianna ! Love your story and I think your designs are awesome. The TieDye hat is super unique!

4 Likes

That’s so cool! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What yarn(s) did you use to make that beautiful tie-dye look? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi @hookedbybrianna ! I was inspired by your story. :heart_eyes:
Good luck and keep going :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:

5 Likes