Ribblr of the week: meet Celeste! 🏅(aka lestescrochet)

Say hello to Celeste- the designer behind lestescrochet (@lestescrochet), and our Ribblr of the week!

unnamed

Hi! Tell us a little about yourself.
Hiya! My name is Celeste Lombardo and I am the creator behind the small business leste’s crochet and a Ribblr ambassador. I am 19 years old and from Melbourne, Australia.

When did you start crafting and how?
Since I was little I have always loved everything crafting from painting to drawing to anything creative, I was always that child that was always making a mess and making something. Growing up spending a lot of my time with my grandmother after school we have always bonded over her teaching me how to do things such as knitting and embroidery which I love doing. During the harsh covid lockdowns in Victoria and Australia during 2020 I was completing my year 12, stuck in my room, and decided to pick up some new hobbies to pass the time. I originally picked up knitting again and then decided to push myself as I saw how you can make adorable toys crocheting, so I set my sights on teaching myself how to crochet, with the amazing help of online tutorials and a lot of patience and time I was able to pick it up.

And how did you start designing?
I started designing patterns pretty early into my small business and although i didn’t release a pattern till I thought I was good enough and had built a bit of a following I have a huge notepad of so many patterns, admittedly some half done or less. i’ve always loved the process of having an idea in my head for a plushie and working until it’s materialised adorably in my hands.

You can both Knit and Crochet which is amazing!
Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?

My favourite craft type is definitely crochet. I just love the vastness of what you can make with crochet whether that be beautiful chunky jackets, granny square bags, plushies and so many more things the possibilities really are endless.

What was the longest project you worked on so far?
My longest project i’ve worked on is probably some of my giant plushies, to name one would probably be my harold the giraffe giant plushie, this plushie took me over a week to make of crocheting every day and over 4 skeins of yarn it was absolutely huge and so so cute.

How about the shortest one? (excluding frogging! :frog:)
My shortest project… hmmm that one’s hard! I don’t really have a shortest project since I always try and make sure my plushies all have their own little personalities and accessories they all generally take a while to complete to be honest.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
i’m currently working on two amazing pattern tests for fellow Ribblr creators which I am so lucky and privileged to be able to test.
Here’s the thing about me which seems to be unpopular, I only ever have one work in progress at a time I generally never start another one unless I run out of yarn of course and have to order it in. I very much enjoy starting and finishing a plushies before moving onto the next one.

That’s awesome!
And with that in mind, here’s a tough question. Which of your makes & designs are you most proud of?

That is so hard! I truly am so proud of all my plushies and little characters I’ve created. I think one I am currently super proud of how cute it came out is my curly teddy bear from my June restock.

What is your usual process of designing?
My usual process of designing consists of thinking up a super cute idea and writing down as many different details about the design in my notes, then taking it to crafting working to create a plushie that matches the original idea, which can sometimes take a little bit.

And what is it that inspires you to design?
Something that inspires me to continue creating is all the other amazing creators and hearing how my crochet plushies inspires others to give crocheting a go which is truly so amazing to me

Any favourite movie you would like to recommend?
Favorite movie you have to watch is definitely Coraline if you haven’t seen it

And what is your favourite feature on Ribblr?
I absolutely love the feature of tracking what line you are up to, I am constantly losing my place and where I’m up to using a standard pdf pattern, which I then will have count what row I am up to over and over again, however with Ribblr’s amazing features its so much easier to keep up to track with where I am in the pattern.

Finally, the stage is yours. Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
Go check out @colours.ofthesea

Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out lestescrochet shop now​:point_down:

17 Likes

I love your bunny pattern it is sooo cute and the lil flower tot pattern, I feel like your designs have that certain look, that’s so cute and when I see it I know you made it. Anyways congrats and I can’t wait to see all the other patterns you will make in the future.

5 Likes

Congratulations!

4 Likes

Congratulations…I will visit your store now​:+1:

4 Likes