Ribblr of the week: Meet Izabela 🏅

Say hi to Izabela (@ifcrochet) - our Ribblr of the week and the designer behind Ifcrochet!

Hi! Tell us a little about yourself. :wave:
Hello :blush: My name is Izabela. I am 25 and I study the last year of veterinary school to become a vet. I love crocheting, cats, my friends and pampering time.

When did you start crafting and how?
I loved crafts from an early age, I played with beads and made many friendship bracelets as a child. I have learned to crochet in elementary school, but didn´t like it until 4 years ago, after I have finished my exams. I wanted to relax and make something beautiful.

That’s awesome! And how did you start designing?
I always modified crocheted items, when I was following patterns, so when I have started making things just with my imagination it was very natural for me.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
It has to be crocheting, I love everything about it. The flow, how easy it is for me and how intuitive it can be.

What’s are you working on now?
I am working on pink bubblegum mohair sweater :sparkling_heart:

Which of your makes are you most proud of?
The Alice in the Wonderland dress. It took me ages to finish. It is a combination of fingering and mostly lace yarn.

What inspires you to create?
I get inspiration from everywhere Instagram, current fashion styles, Pinterest, movies.

What is your usual process of designing?
Designing has to start with an idea. I have so many ideas for designs, I can´t make them in a lifetime, but I have to try :smiley: Next I choose the pattern texture and yarn and start working on it. I measure everything as I go and I adjust to fit my expectation.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend? :clapper::musical_note:
I loved La la land movie and the songs from it, it is very nice to crochet and listen to them.

Share a funny story that happened to your recently :sweat_smile:
It is not that funny, but I smile every time I watch my cat enjoy all the paper boxes I get from packages.
Currently I have a destroyed box in my room, that doesn´t look like a box anymore. It is shattered and flat, you can almost see through it.
But I can´t throw it away, she loves it.

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
My favorite feature is progress tracking.

Lastly- Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr!
Shoutout to @TheDreamCrochet !

Thank you for sharing Izabela! :purple_heart:

Check out IfCrochet shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

What is your favorite Ifcrochet pattern and why? :yarn:

12 Likes

Wow, that dress is stunning! Simply elegant

7 Likes

I love the sweater!

3 Likes

Lots of beautiful designs in your shop. I realized, after looking, I have quite a few in my wishlist!

4 Likes