Ribblr of the week: meet Jackie (aka @doeanddeercrochet) 🏅

Say hey to Jackie (@doeanddeercrochet) - our Ribblr of the week and the designer behind doeanddeercrochet!

Hi Jackie! Please tell us a little about yourself. :wave:
Hi, I’m Jackie! I’m 27 years old and I’m from Miami FL, but I currently live in Orlando FL with my fiance and two fur babies. When I’m not crocheting I love drawing/painting, writing poetry or watching horror movies. I’m also a hardcore plant mom!

When did your crafting journey begin?
I started crocheting about 8 or so years ago! I was working a retail job while in college and crochet tops were really trendy at the time. I remember thinking “Hmm, I can make that!” So I taught myself through youtube videos and I’ve been crocheting ever since!

That’s awesome! And how long have you been designing for? How did you get started?
I started posting my work on Instagram and got a few comments asking if I sold patterns. I didn’t even know how to read a pattern at the time let alone write one! I learned to read patterns by testing for other designers and really wanted to share my own designs as well.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
That’s a tough one because I love to dabble in everything! But I’d have to say it’s a tie between crochet and painting.

To date, what was the longest project you worked on?
A granny square blanket for another maker! It was my first big project. I was so proud (and relieved) when I finished it haha!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging! :frog:)
Probably earrings or scrunchies!

What are you currently working on?
I’m currently working on a hexagon cardigan that I can’t wait to finish.

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I’d have to say my Retro Wrap Top!

What is it that inspires you to create and design? :bulb:
I’m really inspired by nature! I love botany and adding elements of that like embroidered flowers or leaves to my work. I also work with mainly earth tones like greens, mustard and browns!

That’s is really noticeable in your wonderful work! And now time for some pop culture:
Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend? :musical_note::clapper:
Anything by Tame Impala! Pride and Prejudice is my all time favorite book and as for movies mmmm…probably The Possession or Midsommar if you’re a horror fan!

Any funny or interesting story that you’d like to share with us?
Oh gosh, I can’t even think of one right now. But, I had to go get cat food the other day and didn’t want to grab a cart so I had like 15 cans stacked on top each other and they all came tumbling down once I got to the register. The cashier was so annoyed with me! Does that count?:sweat_smile:

We’d love to know: What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I love the automatic pattern translation feature! It makes it so easy to share patterns with makers in different parts of the world.

Lastly, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
I love everything that The Dream Crochet makes! Ashlee’s designs & photos are so creative and whimsical. Also Crochet by Kaylee makes the cutest plushies ever.

Thank you so much for sharing Jackie! And happy holidays :purple_heart:

Check out Jackie’s shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Which is your favorite doeanddeercrochet pattern? Let us know below! :point_down:

12 Likes

My favorite @doeanddeercrochet pattern is either the retro wrap around top or the counting daisies bag, but if I had to choose one I would pick the daisy bag :blush:
Edit: I didn’t realize that this was from December :woman_facepalming: But I still love those 2 patterns

3 Likes