Ribblr of the Week - Meet Abigail 🏅

Say hello to Abigail (@AmibyAbi)- our new Ribblr of the Week and the designer behind [AmibyAbi]

Tell us a little about yourself
Hi! My name is Abigail! :purple_heart: I am 26 years old. I live in Las Vegas. I’ve been married for 7 years now & I have two beautiful daughters! One is 6 & one is 2. I was born & raised in Colorado, until I moved to Vegas when I was 17.

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crocheting in March of 2023. I saw people doing it on TikTok & got interested in doing it so I bought a little kit from Amazon & watched YouTube tutorials! From there I had fallen in love & couldn’t get enough of it.

And how did you start designing?
I’ve been wanting to design patterns since I first started & I tried to but I didn’t have enough experience crocheting yet! It was a long process of trial & error. Finally after 8 months, I released my first pattern!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
My favorite craft type is of course crocheting amigurumis BUT I absolutely love embroidering. Mostly flowers, strawberries, hearts, tulips, stuff like that! It’s a chance for my two favorite crafts types to come together & I can embroider all kinds of things on my crochet projects.

What has been the most memorable project you worked on?
My most memorable project I worked on was my four legged cow pattern! It took me what feels like forever to learn how to make my own four legged animal pattern especially since I had only done ONE four legged animal in my entire crochet journey.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
I’m currently working on a new pattern that I can’t announce yet but I’m very excited about! I currently only have one wip! I hate when wips pile up, I hardly ever have more than one! :rofl:

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
My proudest design is my bunny & outfit pattern bundle! It has my bunny pattern and six different outfit options!

What is your usual process of designing?
My usual process of designing is I come up with an idea & I have a pattern journal where I write all my patterns down. I crochet, write, crochet, cross it out, start over, until I love the design. Then I just type it up & have people test!

What inspires you to create/design?
Inspiration comes from multiple things for me. Anything from kawaii stickers, to my kids toys, to just cute animals that I love! (Like bunnies especially)

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
I would HIGHLY recommend the entire “Eternal Sunshine” album by Ariana Grande. I LOVE HER

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
My favorite feature of Ribblr is that you can follow other creators on their shops so you can get updates on when they have a shop sale & even for myself, I like that people who follow my shop can see a new item or a sale. Ribblr is very versatile, there’s a lot of features that I love!

Tell us something funny that’s happened to you!
My first name is Karen! & my middle name is Abigail. & a lot of people like to make Karen jokes. & one time, I went to pick up a food order & the guy who gave me my food said “so are you mad?” & I was so confused ! :rofl: I said “no, why would I be?” & it didn’t hit me until I was already on the drive home. & that is the story of why I go by Abigail!

Who are some designers you would like to give a shoutout to?
Some of my favorites are:
@LorettasLoops
@mellowstitchesco
and @waicrochets

Thanks so much for being here this week Abigail, it’s a pleasure reading about you!

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out [AmibyAbi]

35 Likes

Congratulations on ROTW
your cows are adorable​:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Congrats!!!

3 Likes

congrats! your cows are absolutely adorableee

2 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!

1 Like

OMG CONGRATS!!!:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::tada::tada:
you deserve it!!
also your patterns are sooo fricken cute i cant​:sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

CONGRATSSS! I love all ur patterns :grin::grin:

congrats!! Love your patterns! So cute

Congratulations!

Congratulations! :tada:

Congratulations :confetti_ball:

Congratulations @AmibyAbi ! Your patterns are so adorable! The Karen story made me giggle! :rofl:

Wonderful patterns!
I wish the best for your shop :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations and hola Abigail.