Ribblr of the Week: Meet Maddie 🏅

Say hello to Maddie (@hahaitsinez) the designer behind cinnabun crochets, and our Ribblr of the week!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself :wave:
Hi! i’m maddie! i’m 21, a junior in college majoring in architecture. the reason i chose this program is that i love creating and designing new stuff! i enjoy making crafts (literally all sorts of crafts).

When did you start crafting and how?
I used to do resin art but i started crocheting about 6 months ago, when i was in huge stress from all the school work and i need to find something to get away with. i came across crocheting on instagram and i loved how cute the amigurumi plushies were.

And how did you start designing?
I drew how i want my design to be on a paper and started freehand. i would write down the steps on a piece of scrap paper, sometimes it doesn’t go the way i wanted, so it’s a lot to do with experimenting.

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I think so far my favorite crafting is crocheting and making resin shaker, crocheting cute patterns is literally the best, while i love how the aesthetics that resin shaker gives

What was the longest project you worked on?
My longest project was actually a pattern from a book, it was a vacation ducky and my first every creation, it took me a very long while to figure out everything and i have fallen in love with crocheting!

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)
The shortest pattern is actually chick on rice pattern by crochefda, it was super easy and quick to follow! i love rice!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
I’m currently working on a model for school, building multiple iteration for my upcoming final, but i’m squeezing some time on working a new pattern

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
The design i’m most proud of was the first crochet pattern that i’ve ever made - flowery bear!

What is your usual process of designing?
I usually brainstorm what i would like to make or some simple doodles, then i’ll move on to testing with some scrap yarn that i prolly won’t use for projects and of course a tester call before releasing!

What inspires you to create/design?
Anything cute can inspire me!! :rofl:

Pop culture time!
Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?

My favorite song at the moment is “causalities” by ethan dufault and one movie that i’ve recently watched which i had a great time watching was “murder mystery”

Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently?
So I was updating with my professors on my new designs a few days ago, he was telling me some “dad jokes” which i don’t really understand but still i find the entire incident funny.

We’d love to know - what’s your favorite Ribblr feature?
My favorite Ribblr feature is definitely Ribblr of the week, because that how i discover new creators!

Lastly - pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Shout out to cate from @cmartdesignshop, she made gorgeous and cute patterns! check out her new patterns!

Thank you for sharing Maddie! :purple_heart:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out cinnabun crochets shop now​:point_down:

24 Likes

Great Job Applause GIF by Studios 2016

10 Likes

Congrats on ROTW!!

8 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the week!! :partying_face::tada:

8 Likes

Congratulations :tada: :clap:!!

7 Likes

Congrats!

7 Likes

Share Discover GIF

5 Likes

Do you have a resin art business as well? If so, can we get a link to the website?

4 Likes

@truly.bagel on instagram

4 Likes

Congrats!!!

4 Likes

congrats on rotw!! :partying_face:

4 Likes