Ribblr of the Week - Meet Michelle! šŸ…

Say hey to Michelle (@knotmichelle) - our Ribblr of the week and the designer behind knotmichelle!

Hey! Tell us a little about yourself.
hihi my name is Michelle! Iā€™m 17 from Canada and currently waiting to enter post secondary after a gap semester. Iā€™m quite busy, so havenā€™t had much free time, but I always crochet or knit when I do!

When did you start crafting and how?
I started crocheting when I was about 10, only learning the basics such as chaining and making swatches of sc and dc until I just got bored and stopped. Then I got into knitting classes at age 12, remembering I knew how to crochet as well, then I became obsessed and they became my favourite hobby!

And how did you start designing?
After I made my first little amigurumi project and following my first pattern I wanted to make more! It was hard to find patterns that I wanted to use so I just started drawing what I wanted to make and freehanded it!! I really enjoyed it for a few years so during the pandemic when I had a lot of time, I opened my ig account and started designing even more!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
At the moment, it is definitely crocheting! Itā€™s just therapeutic and once a project is finished, you just get that feeling of happiness and you have such a cute product in the end!! I also love knitting and drawing, I want to get into more but I just donā€™t have the time or money haha.

What was the longest project you worked on?
Definitely all of the cardigans I have made, including @IamLankaDesigns lil teddy cardi! Pretty proud with how they turned out, but I havenā€™t worn a single one in public.

And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!:sweat_smile:)
Bear keychains which take me less than an hour to make. My mom loves gifting them as presents and telling her friends that I made it, promoting my business.

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now?
Currently Iā€™m working @kelvencrochets 5-in-1 pattern, making a bunny as a gift. I currently have like 4 wips because I canā€™t stay focused on one of them, including a knit cardigan (itā€™s taking forever)

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
Horangi!! 2022 is the year of the tiger so I designed him at the end of last year in order to be on time for new yearā€™s! He was inspired by my mom since her favourite animal is a tiger and an idol from my favourite kpop group, seventeen!

What is your usual process of designing?
I usually find something I am currently interested in like an animal, a show, etc. then I sketch whatever I want to make and begin making it. Thereā€™s a lot of trial and error, but in the end, Iā€™m always proud of what I made!

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
Currently my favourite song is seventeens ā€œ_worldā€! Itā€™s super good, but I know kpop isnā€™t for everyoneā€¦ But Iā€™m also recommending some animeā€™s like spy family and attack on titan which are some of my favourites!

Care to share a funny story that happened to your recently?
Hmm not many funny things have happened but I guess there was a funny moment but it hurt real badā€¦ Anyways I was with my niece and she made the floor super slippery and me being clumsy, slipped right in front of the room she was in, basically almost face planting. I hit my arm on a chair and had a bruise that looked like a minion for like 3 weeks.

Oh no! Weā€™re hope youā€™re okay now :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?

Ribbuild! Itā€™s super easy to make every single pattern and itā€™s so so convenient! I love how interactive everything is!

Awesome! Finally, pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
@kelvencrochets one of my favourite creators Iā€™ve met throughout my crochet journey.

Thank you for sharing! :purple_heart:

Check out Michelleā€™s shop :point_down:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badgeā€‹:medal_sports:)

28 Likes

Congrats!

6 Likes

6 Likes

Congrats!

5 Likes

Omg another kpop babe here! I love seventeen and _world is literally amazing! (DKā€™s vocal>>>>>>) Congrats on ROTW @knotmichelle !!! (also hoshi was the FIRST thing I thought abt when I saw that tiger lol)

7 Likes

congratulations @knotmichelle! your designs are so pretty and adorable!

6 Likes

Congratulations!!!

6 Likes

Congrats!!! Your patterns are so cuteeeeee

6 Likes

Thanks for aharing @knotmichelle and congrats on ROTW!
Trophy

7 Likes

Congratulationsā€‹:tada::partying_face:

7 Likes

Congrats on being ROTW!!! I loved learning about you, and Iā€™m Canadian and love crocheting too! (I wasnā€™t born in Canada though, but my family and I go up to visit a lot :relaxed:)

3 Likes

Hi @knotmichelle !
I absolutely love your work and I was surprised yet very glad to see you were practically the same age as me. Boost my confidence to crochet better and why not maybe imagine patterns some day ! Btw when I saw ā€˜horangiā€™ I directly thought of hoshi so glad to see another carat here lol