Ribblr of the week: meet Morolape! 🏅

This week we’re excited to feature Morolape (@ThePurpleCrochet) of The Purple Crochet as our Ribblr of the week!

fe7ead6dad5d066bb2b9704e51b90c05b39b6481_2_500x500

Hi Morolape! Please tell us a bit about yourself.
Hi! My name is Morolape (moe-row-lah-pay) and I’m the maker/designer at The Purple Crochet.

When did you start your crafting journey?
I started crafting when I was about 7 years old. A friend at primary school taught me how to crochet. I would pick up a hook every once in a while. It took a year to complete a scarf! :joy: Fast forward to when I was pregnant with my first baby 9 years ago, I picked up the hook and I haven’t put it down since! :smile: I learned Tunisian Crochet in 2020 and it has been such an amazing experience!

That’s amazing! So what is your favorite craft, and why?
My favorite craft is Tunisian Crochet. I love the patterns and textures that I see with Tunisian!

Can you recommend a short Tunisian Crochet project?
My Bethel Earwarmer pattern. :point_down:

Cool! What are you working on right now?
Right now, I’m working on sending my newest pattern out to testers. It’s called the Bethel Beanie, a Tunisian in the Round pattern.

That’s exciting. Do you have a design that you’re particularly proud of?
I am most proud of my beanie pattern.

Any favorite book or song you’d like to recommend?
My favorite book would be the Tunisian Crochet workshop book by Michelle Robinson.

And finally - what’s your favorite Ribblr feature?
I’m still learning all the bells and whistles on Ribblr but my favorite so far is Ribblr ePattern - the interactive pattern.

Thank you so much for sharing Morolape! We love your designs and can’t wait to see your new beanie! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Check out The Purple Crochet shop:

Enjoyed reading this? Check out our previous Ribblr of the week posts!

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus win our special Ribblr of the week gold badge🏅)

Feel free to ask questions & share your love in the comments below and let us know - have you ever tried Tunisian Crochet? :face_with_monocle:

21 Likes

Thanks for the feature! :raised_hands::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hi Morolape, lovely to meet you! :blush: I’d love to try Tunisian crochet! I will check out your patterns. :smiley:

5 Likes

Nice to meet you @ThePurpleCrochet! Gorgeous patterns! :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

4 Likes

Nice too meet you too, Stella! Thank you! :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Nice to meet you too! Thank you! :raised_hands::purple_heart:

3 Likes

Nice to meet you, Morolape. Tunisian crochet is my new love also. I’ll check out some of your patterns.

3 Likes

Really nice to meet you! Look forward to seeing the new beanie :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Really looking forward to seeing your new beanie pattern. I haven’t done Tunisian crochet for a while so a smaller project that will set me up for Winter would be great! :heart:

3 Likes