Ribblr of the Week: Meet Zoé! 🏅

Say hello to Zoé (@SongbirdCrochetArt) the designer behind SongbirdCrochetArt, and our Ribblr of the week!

Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi! I’m Zoé, I’m 23 years old and I live in France. I have been addicted to crochet for more than 2 years now and I really love creating cute plushies! I also love drawing, playing video games and spending time with my lovely dog! :smile: My ultimate dream would be to be able to live from my art!

When did you start crafting and how?
I always loved crafting things since I was a kid. I started crocheting in February 2021 when I was in a bad time of my life. I had big anxiety issues and crochet was the best therapy for me, it really helped to get through it! I’m so glad I discovered it when I needed it! :heart:

And how did you start designing?
I started designing some patterns for myself a few months after discovering crochet but I wanted to gain more experience with pattern writing before selling them. At the end of the year 2022, I decided to start creating and selling bigger patterns for other people than me!

Do you have a favorite craft type and if so - why?
I love every type of crafts like drawing, painting… (I also started punch needle and pottery class recently hehe!) But if I have to choose, it would definitely be crochet (what a surprise :joy:). I feel very comfortable when I crochet and almost all my projects turned out like I wanted it to be!

What was the longest project you ever worked on?
Ooh I’ve made a granny square cardigan for myself last year and it really took me forever to make it. I had to make more than 60 granny squares, I thought I would never finish it!

Wow!
And the shortest one? (excluding frogging!)

Probably my mini whales plushies!

What are you currently working on? Be honest - how many WIP do you have right now? :wink:
I already start thinking about my next plushie pattern, I can’t to create it!
I try not to have many WIPs at the same time but it’s difficult :sweat_smile: I think I have 2-3 plushies that I’ve never finished (because I was not satisfied of it) and a croc top that I have to finish before summer!

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of?
I think it’s my penguin in bee costume. I really love of how it turned out!!

What is your usual process of designing?
When I have an idea for a plushie, I start making a little drawing of it on my phone so I don’t forget it. Then, I start creating the plushie.

What inspires you to create/design?
A lot of things can inspire me! For example, if I see a cute plushie at the store, I will want to create my own version of it. I’m also very inspired by cute animal characters like Sanrio for example.

Any favorite song, book or movie you would like to recommend?
As a big fan of Tolkien’s universe, I really love the Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit books! The movies are also very good and beautiful to watch!

It’s Monday! Care to share a funny story that happened to you recently? :sweat_smile:
I have a small one! One day, when I was crocheting, my dog started watching me doing it and fell asleep standing up! It was very cute and funny at the same time!

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
I really love the “quick copy & paste” feature on Ribbuild! I gain a lot of time by doing it, I just have make some small modifications on my patterns, add my pictures and it’s done, so easy! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Finally - Pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr
My shoutout will be for Katt from @katsplushies ! I helped her by testing one of her pattern a few months ago, she is a very sweet and lovely person! I recommend you her Bubs the Bear pattern which is absolutely adorable! :two_hearts:

Thank you for sharing Zoé! :purple_heart:

Want to read more?
Check out all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge​:medal_sports:)

Check out SongbirdCrochetArt shop now​:point_down:

20 Likes

Another LOTR FAN!!
lord of the rings hobbits GIF

Congratulations!!

8 Likes

Congrats!
happy congrats GIF by Ivo Adventures

4 Likes

Congrats on Ribblr of the Week!! Your dog sounds so cute lol :laughing:

7 Likes

Congrats!!!