Ribblr of the week: say hello to Flo! 🏅

This week we are excited to feature Flo of flotjetops as our Ribblr of the week! :star_struck:
Scroll down to read our interview with @flotjetops.

Last week Flo released a gorgeous halter top as part of our Ribblr Spotlight program, where we support upcoming designers by giving them the tools they need to create beautiful designs!
This pattern is now available EXCLUSIVELY on Ribblr:

Hi Flo! Please introduce yourself :slight_smile:
Hiya! My name is Florentine, Flo for short. I’m French/Dutch, grew up in London and currently living in Brussels. I’m a Master student in criminology and I’m 22!

When did you start crafting and how?
I’ve always been very crafty - my grandma taught me to sew and knit at 7 or 8 years old. But just before the 1st lockdown I started crochet as a new hobby and ended up really loving it.

And how did you start designing?
I started getting messages online from people who wanted to buy what I was making. This gave me the opportunity to learn how to make crochet patterns, and design clothes I, and other young people, want to wear.

Is it fair to say that Crochet is your favorite type of craft?
My favourite craft type is definitely crochet! I think it’s quite fast, diverse, and easy to learn. But there are a few projects that look better when they’re knit so I’d have to give that another go. Embroidery and making punch needle rugs are also crafts I want to expand on!

You crocheted a lot during lockdown- what was the longest project you worked on?*
I made a Harry Styles JW Anderson inspired cardigan in pastel colours in the summer of 2020 - it was about 2-3 weeks of intense crochet!

Wow! And how about the shortest one? (excluding frogging! :frog:)
Probably a bucket hat or beanie - that’s about an hour!

What’s the most recent project you’ve worked on?
70s Groovy Halter Top!

Which of your makes/designs are you most proud of? Share a picture!
I made a cardigan for a lovely follower in the USA, it’s definitely one of my most well-designed pieces.

What inspires you to create and design?
I must admit I mostly look at fashion forecasting and trends, as I want to invite younger people who often follow trends to craft and crochet. This way I can keep crochet modern, fresh, and new.

Now for some pop culture! How about some favorite songs? :musical_note:
I love listening to songs when crafting, and right now I go for The Neighbourhood - Lost in Translation, Bennet Coast - Sunsick, and Cannons - Fire For You!

What is your favorite feature on Ribblr?
As a user, I love that we can cross out the steps we’ve done, so we can very easily pick up where we left off without getting confused.

As a seller, I love how easy it is to see when someone buys our patterns, and the shop manager is very clear and easy to understand.

Awesome! Finally, one of our favourite sections: pay it forward - your shoutout to a fellow Ribblr :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I love the Y2K houndstooth Purse by Crochet Designs SP (@CrochetdesignsSP). I have it in my favourites and really want to get started on it!

Thank you so much for sharing Flo! :purple_heart:

You can find all our previous featured Ribblrs here.

Want to be our next Ribblr of the week and earn a special badge?

Send us a message and be our next Ribblr of the week (plus earn our special Ribblr of the week gold badge🏅)

Check out Flo’s shop and her new 70s Groovy Halter Top, now exclusively on Ribblr:

Comment below with your compliments and questions for Flo! :point_down:

10 Likes

Hi @flotjetops ! Nice to meet you!
It must have been amazing growing up with many different cultures, and to live in different places! And Criminology? So cool!
I really love your Jazzy Jumper! I have a bit of an obsession with turtle and mock necks :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Flo ! Nice to meet you ! Your halter top is a gorgeous design, just wonderful !

1 Like

Hi!

I am so incredibly lucky to have lived in such gorgeous european countries, i can’t wait to discover more. Criminology is such an interesting field, and so rewarding, but definitely quite difficult :innocent:

I feel you, I also have an unhealthy obsession with turtle necks, but now that it’s getting warm I am so lost :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

That’s so kind, thank you so much!!! :heartpulse:

Loving the different fashion styles in your designs :raised_hands:

That’s really cool!

I know! But in Europe it can be sunny and warm one day, and cold and rainy the next day, so we might be lucky! :laughing: