Road trip pattern ideas please!!

Ok so I’m going on a road trip this Friday! We’ll be driving about 20 hours in all, so I need some good patterns that don’t need a ton of stuffing or colors of yarn! Any and all suggestions appreciated

20 Likes

I love working on long projects on trips so i dont have to bring a lot of stuff, I worked on a crochet dress on my road trip! <3

9 Likes

Oooh ok. I do have a sweater I could work on. I just get kinda bored sometimes with the repeated rows lol

9 Likes

Yeah larger projects are great for road trips! Or you could do some larger amigurimi!! :sparkles:

7 Likes

I would recommend @eveiscool’s ducky in a frog floaty. I tested it and it was really fun to make! I actually made the body backwards (that definitely doesn’t make sense) so that there was less sewing. Basically, instead of fastening off the head, you can continue crocheting, starting at the last row of the body. Not gonna lie, it makes it kinda confusing while you are doing it, but at least you don’t have to sew as much!

Enough with that rant. It only takes 3 colors to make. You can also re-make any of my patterns! Except, they are so easy, it won’t take you 20 hours :joy: :yellow_heart:

OR (I just thought of this after reading pickle’s comment) you could try a dragon!

10 Likes

Bikini top, headbands, granny square things, freehand sweater, etc​:heartbeat:( all of these are fairly simple and don’t require tons of colors!

6 Likes

Fingerless gloves, cats, turtles, hats, ghosts

5 Likes

octos, bees, mini dinos, keychains, mini bears

5 Likes

You can do tapestry

5 Likes

This is one that doesn’t take a hole lot to make it. Is from my shop and you can use two to three colors if you would like for it. It shouldn’t take that long to make and they’re super fun and easy to make.

6 Likes

Yes, I tested it! It’s great

4 Likes

Oh lol :joy:

4 Likes

Awwww thank you :heart::heart:

5 Likes

I would say some kind of clothing piece like a sweater or maybe a few beanies or a granny square bag. Mahum on youtube has a star granny square tutorial that is quite good.

3 Likes

Update: first day is driving this is what I made

7 1/2 hours (I took breaks lol)

3 Likes

Looking great!

3 Likes

They all look so amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes